Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    how old are you

ReputationRep:
    Have you changed any of your habits after converting from Islam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idris11)
    how old are you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    Have you changed any of your habits after converting from Islam?
    Weirdly, not as much as I expected. I guess it's the constant conditioning of having to act in a certain way (adopting fardh/following the sunnah). I don't ever look at labels for non-halal ingredients anymore, but I haven't told any friends/family yet and I still live at home so I eat pretty much the same things I ate before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rufflin)
    WHAT made you leave islam

ReputationRep:
    Did you convert?

ReputationRep:
    WHAT made you leave islam
    A build up of things that just didn't sit right with me. One main aspect that I couldn't understand was the fact that God was all-knowing, most forgiving etc, and everyone's life is determined before they are born. Essentially, God 'created' non Muslim humans knowing they would never enter heaven, which is absolutely absurd (e.g. a person born as a Hindu would be classed as a Kaafir/non-believer who would never enter heaven if he died as a Hindu, which God planned to happen anyway). A few other things, but this was the main reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CPBA1)
    Did you convert?
    Nah, I was born into a Muslim family.

ReputationRep:
    A build up of things that just didn't sit right with me. One main aspect that I couldn't understand was the fact that God was all-knowing, most forgiving etc, and everyone's life is determined before they are born. Essentially, God 'created' non Muslim humans knowing they would never enter heaven, which is absolutely absurd (e.g. a person born as a Hindu would be classed as a Kaafir/non-believer who would never enter heaven if he died as a Hindu, which God planned to happen anyway). A few other things, but this was the main reason.
    they where not lucky[ the kaafir] to be born into a muslim family, u where lucky and blessed with and now you are wasting it.

ReputationRep:
    they where not lucky[ the kaafir] to be born into a muslim family, u where lucky and blessed with and now you are wasting it.
    How sweet of you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So God decided that they weren't worthy of heaven before they were born? As if we needed any more evidence that Allah is the most merciful ey?

ReputationRep:
    lmao

ReputationRep:
    You clearly do not grasp the concept of theological determinism.

do you think pigs are cute? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    do you think pigs are cute? :ahee:

Yes, I do find baby pigs adorable. It's weird, when I was younger I was taught about how disgusting a creature it is and we must never eat pork, but that lamb/chicken were cool. Y the pig hate yo?

ReputationRep:
    Which manhaj were you upon ?

Where you sunni or shia ?

ReputationRep:
    Do your parents know you no longer follow the religion of islam, and if so how did they react

Yes, I do find baby pigs adorable. It's weird, when I was younger I was taught about how disgusting a creature it is and we must never eat pork, but that lamb/chicken were cool. Y the pig hate yo?
    :woo:YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAY :woo:

:ymca:

I agree! y the pig hate yo? :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Which manhaj were you upon ?

Where you sunni or shia ?
    Hanafi, and Sunni.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.