naznin31
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone im currently in my second year of university and i am and english undergraduate i have to pick my dissertation topic and hand it in at the end of this month but i am very confused on what topic i should write my dissertation on. I am thinking of doing on the representation of women throughout literature and doing the books The Great Gatsby and The Bell jar and a modern representation of women but do not know what to do for the book anyone have an ideas. Also i was wondering is this topic a bit broad and should i narrow it down to something specific like a theme or genre or specific era.
Ftmshk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes, it's very broad. It would be interesting to look at the representation of women though. Why not choose one author and look at their representation of women in a variety of texts, or maybe compare two authors and their treatment of women?

Posted from TSR Mobile
naznin31
Rep:
?
I'm thinking of doing it on the portrayal of mental health in female characters so was thinking of doing it on the bell jar and girl interrupted. Or should i just do the portrayal of mental health problems in english literature and i can do those two books and The One that Flew over The Cuckoos nest.
Ftmshk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What a great idea! Maybe talk to your tutor about which option is best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
naznin31
Rep:
?
i've decided to do it on the portrayal of mental health in women in literature and focus on Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar and Girl Interrupted by Sussane Kaysen as they both relate after advising with my tutor as the focus is more strong that way.
Ftmshk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Great choice. Good luck with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drizz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You have a great idea and topic in mind. I recommend looking into Othello and the portrayal of women in that play, it's really interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
shanoranora
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
naznin31..hav u finished ur dissertation??z it d sam topic u hav chosen??if so can u pls share it vt me coz evn i m planning to do my dissertation on bell jar n gal interrupted.
shanoranora
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
can ny1 help me wt dz topic plzzzz
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (42)
36.84%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (10)
8.77%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.39%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25.44%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.77%

Watched Threads