Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone im currently in my second year of university and i am and english undergraduate i have to pick my dissertation topic and hand it in at the end of this month but i am very confused on what topic i should write my dissertation on. I am thinking of doing on the representation of women throughout literature and doing the books The Great Gatsby and The Bell jar and a modern representation of women but do not know what to do for the book anyone have an ideas. Also i was wondering is this topic a bit broad and should i narrow it down to something specific like a theme or genre or specific era.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's very broad. It would be interesting to look at the representation of women though. Why not choose one author and look at their representation of women in a variety of texts, or maybe compare two authors and their treatment of women?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of doing it on the portrayal of mental health in female characters so was thinking of doing it on the bell jar and girl interrupted. Or should i just do the portrayal of mental health problems in english literature and i can do those two books and The One that Flew over The Cuckoos nest.

ReputationRep:
    What a great idea! Maybe talk to your tutor about which option is best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i've decided to do it on the portrayal of mental health in women in literature and focus on Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar and Girl Interrupted by Sussane Kaysen as they both relate after advising with my tutor as the focus is more strong that way.

ReputationRep:
    Great choice. Good luck with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You have a great idea and topic in mind. I recommend looking into Othello and the portrayal of women in that play, it's really interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    naznin31..hav u finished ur dissertation??z it d sam topic u hav chosen??if so can u pls share it vt me coz evn i m planning to do my dissertation on bell jar n gal interrupted.

ReputationRep:
    can ny1 help me wt dz topic plzzzz

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 8, 2017

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.