The Student Room Group

Sixth Forms/ Colleges in Hackney/Camden

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studdybuddy101
Hey, yeah I was a humanities student, and yh half of my teachers were good. But yh I agree with most of what u are saying. I think you should defo email or write a letter to the principle, he's so chilled, and I think he would appreciate what you have to say. There was one point during the year I got fustrated and I emailed my teacger, to sort it out and things got better. The teacher really appreciated the feedback and tried to move things forwards. Also, not all the humanities teachers are good but I don't think I'll go into it on here :smile:

Yea I thought so lol it's the humanities students at Bsix that are the ones who get those A/A* grades, ah I envy you guys. For us who are mainly science based, it's such a sad story and experience. None of us at AS got A grades this year but mainly D/E grades. Really? I may just do that, thanks for the advice :smile: Yea, from what I hear he is a nice guy.
Original post by SavvyGirl22
hey, just letting you know that although a sixth form may have a really good reputation it doesn't reflect how well you will do there it really does vary from person to person. Like mosbourne has a great reputation but its not as great as everyone thinks it is. The most important thing isn't just the teachers but is also the support they will give you. Quite a few of my friends go to the bridge academy and they think the support they get is great. Just go to a few open days an get a feel of the schools and the make your decision just remember the only let you see what they want you to see x

Oh my friend is transferring to Mosbourne :smile: Is it really not that good? How come?
I agree completely with what you said. That support is key and I'm praying I can find a decent school that can provide that. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.
Original post by Cherry82
Oh my friend is transferring to Mosbourne :smile: Is it really not that good? How come?
I agree completely with what you said. That support is key and I'm praying I can find a decent school that can provide that. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

The teaching there is good but There have been a lot of coverups that the school doesn't want to get out as it will ruin their publicity etc.and the support is rubbish if you dont meet the grades they want you to get you'll be kicked out. its all about stats with them rather than supporting and helping the person.
The teaching there is good but There have been a lot of coverups that the school doesn't want to get out as it will ruin their publicity etc.and the support is rubbish if you dont meet the grades they want you to get you'll be kicked out. its all about stats with them rather than supporting and helping the person.

Oh no, see things like that displease me so much. I have to tell my friend to be careful but I think it's great she's going since the teaching is good. Thanks for explaining this x
Oh no, see things like that displease me so much. I have to tell my friend to be careful but I think it's great she's going since the teaching is good. Thanks for explaining this x

That's not exactly true, you have to get four Ds at AS to pass, which is reasonable. They don't just kick you out, some of my friends re-took the year. But yeah it's true, the teaching is great but the style might not be everyone's taste. E.g. the strictness.

That's not exactly true, you have to get four Ds at AS to pass, which is reasonable. They don't just kick you out, some of my friends re-took the year. But yeah it's true, the teaching is great but the style might not be everyone's taste. E.g. the strictness.

In Mossbourne? I want that strictness lol, in my opinion strict teachers can control the class which is what I like. Argh now I wish I could transfer with her but it's too far for me :/
In Mossbourne? I want that strictness lol, in my opinion strict teachers can control the class which is what I like. Argh now I wish I could transfer with her but it's too far for me :/

But you go BSIX... How can mossbourne be too far. You do know its literally round the corner lol. Like 5 minute distance, you should defo call them!
But you go BSIX... How can mossbourne be too far. You do know its literally round the corner lol. Like 5 minute distance, you should defo call them!

I know. But it's not how it seems- the journey to Bsix every morning was difficult on it's own. It took me 1 hour and 10 mins to sometimes make my way from home to Bsix. I had spent so much money on transport too , it became alarming when I calculated how much I had spent in a week for transport. At one point I tried only taking bus but the journey extended to 2 hours. I'm now looking for a school with a closer proximity that allows me to cut down and save the money used on transport.
(edited 8 years ago)
I know. But it's not how it seems- the journey to Bsix every morning was difficult on it's own. It took me 1 hour and 10 mins to sometimes make my way from home to Bsix. I had spent so much money on transport too , it became alarming when I calculated how much I had spent in a week for transport. At one point I tried only taking bus but the journey extended to 2 hours. I'm now looking for a school with a closer proximity that allows me to cut down and save the money used on transport.

Fair enough
Reply 29
Ucl academy has a really good reputation, good results and a lot of successful Oxbridge entries. Everyone I know who has been has liked it.

Quick Reply

Latest