Turn on thread page Beta

Opinions of a collarbone 'Stairway to Heaven' tattoo? watch

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, just wondering what are your'e opinions on a small collarbone tattoo. im thinking the lyrics 'the pipers calling you to join him' from led zepplins 'Stairway to Heaven'.
    im not one to follow fashion as such and i dont just have random tattoos haha, this has meaning for me, its the most memorable lyric from my childhood and ive always loved the song since i was little. what im worried about is would it look tacky/corny/childish and does that lyric come across as strange/creepy to anyone who doesnt know the song. im aspiring to get into the music business so its not something hopefully i wouldnt have to hide.

i try to imagine myself with it later on in life and i thinks its okay, the song kind of represents my dad too as he was the one who got me into music and its one of his favourite songs

what do you think? i also like the lyric 'Your stairway lies on the whispering wind'

i wont get it straightaway, ill give myself some time, i would just like to know what people think
    or suggestions for anything else, i would love to know your ideas
    all answers appreciated, thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryJackson)
    hi guys, just wondering what are your'e opinions on a small collarbone tattoo. im thinking the lyrics 'the pipers calling you to join him' from led zepplins 'Stairway to Heaven'.
    im not one to follow fashion as such and i dont just have random tattoos haha, this has meaning for me, its the most memorable lyric from my childhood and ive always loved the song since i was little. what im worried about is would it look tacky/corny/childish and does that lyric come across as strange/creepy to anyone who doesnt know the song. im aspiring to get into the music business so its not something hopefully i wouldnt have to hide.

i try to imagine myself with it later on in life and i thinks its okay, the song kind of represents my dad too as he was the one who got me into music and its one of his favourite songs

what do you think? i also like the lyric 'Your stairway lies on the whispering wind'

i wont get it straightaway, ill give myself some time, i would just like to know what people think
    or suggestions for anything else, i would love to know your ideas
    all answers appreciated, thanks guys
    Honestly, it's a tattoo. U will get judged for it. But people are judged, sub consciously, all the time.

For example: I'm asain (Sri Lankan, an island close to India). And I have short hair & my thighs/legs , the back of neck and wrists tattooed-- and I assure you, I am most certainly not "lady-like" person alive.
    But I get judged for it. Constantly.

The point I'm trying to make is. If you like it, and it makes u, as a person happier/stronger/ better. Then do it. Don't worry about what other people think.

Good luck doing what u want!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BewareTomato)
    Honestly, it's a tattoo. U will get judged for it. But people are judged, sub consciously, all the time.

For example: I'm asain (Sri Lankan, an island close to India). And I have short hair & my thighs/legs , the back of neck and wrists tattooed-- and I assure you, I am most certainly not "lady-like" person alive.
    But I get judged for it. Constantly.

The point I'm trying to make is. If you like it, and it makes u, as a person happier/stronger/ better. Then do it. Don't worry about what other people think.

Good luck doing what u want!!
    thank you for this, yeah im not exactly lady like either, i love tattoos i think they look beautiful if done well, thanks again, let them judge who cares

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.