The Student Room Group

Opinions of a collarbone 'Stairway to Heaven' tattoo?

hi guys, just wondering what are your'e opinions on a small collarbone tattoo. im thinking the lyrics 'the pipers calling you to join him' from led zepplins 'Stairway to Heaven'.
im not one to follow fashion as such and i dont just have random tattoos haha, this has meaning for me, its the most memorable lyric from my childhood and ive always loved the song since i was little. what im worried about is would it look tacky/corny/childish and does that lyric come across as strange/creepy to anyone who doesnt know the song. im aspiring to get into the music business so its not something hopefully i wouldnt have to hide.

i try to imagine myself with it later on in life and i thinks its okay, the song kind of represents my dad too as he was the one who got me into music and its one of his favourite songs :smile:

what do you think? i also like the lyric 'Your stairway lies on the whispering wind'

i wont get it straightaway, ill give myself some time, i would just like to know what people think:smile:
or suggestions for anything else, i would love to know your ideas :smile:
all answers appreciated, thanks guys :smile:
Original post by KerryJackson
hi guys, just wondering what are your'e opinions on a small collarbone tattoo. im thinking the lyrics 'the pipers calling you to join him' from led zepplins 'Stairway to Heaven'.
im not one to follow fashion as such and i dont just have random tattoos haha, this has meaning for me, its the most memorable lyric from my childhood and ive always loved the song since i was little. what im worried about is would it look tacky/corny/childish and does that lyric come across as strange/creepy to anyone who doesnt know the song. im aspiring to get into the music business so its not something hopefully i wouldnt have to hide.

i try to imagine myself with it later on in life and i thinks its okay, the song kind of represents my dad too as he was the one who got me into music and its one of his favourite songs :smile:

what do you think? i also like the lyric 'Your stairway lies on the whispering wind'

i wont get it straightaway, ill give myself some time, i would just like to know what people think:smile:
or suggestions for anything else, i would love to know your ideas :smile:
all answers appreciated, thanks guys :smile:

Honestly, it's a tattoo. U will get judged for it. But people are judged, sub consciously, all the time.

For example: I'm asain (Sri Lankan, an island close to India). And I have short hair & my thighs/legs , the back of neck and wrists tattooed-- and I assure you, I am most certainly not "lady-like" person alive.
But I get judged for it. Constantly.

The point I'm trying to make is. If you like it, and it makes u, as a person happier/stronger/ better. Then do it. Don't worry about what other people think.

Good luck doing what u want!! :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by BewareTomato
Honestly, it's a tattoo. U will get judged for it. But people are judged, sub consciously, all the time.

For example: I'm asain (Sri Lankan, an island close to India). And I have short hair & my thighs/legs , the back of neck and wrists tattooed-- and I assure you, I am most certainly not "lady-like" person alive.
But I get judged for it. Constantly.

The point I'm trying to make is. If you like it, and it makes u, as a person happier/stronger/ better. Then do it. Don't worry about what other people think.

Good luck doing what u want!! :wink:

thank you for this, yeah im not exactly lady like either, i love tattoos i think they look beautiful if done well, thanks again, let them judge who cares :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest