Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I am practicing some MCQs online and unfortunately they don't come with the answers.
    There is one question I'm quite stuck with and I can't seem to figure what the answer could be by searching online, please could you have a look and let me know what you think!

1. 9 yr old boy presents with hoarseness, but is otherwise well. On examination of the larynx, he has two pedunculated swellings on the vocal cords.
    possible answers include

B Laryngeal papillomaC Sicca syndromeD Singer’s nodulesE Tuberculous laryngitisF CandidasisI'm thinking singer's nodules but would love to hear what other people thinkThank you!

ReputationRep:
    Laryngeal papplomatosis usually causes singular lesions. Sicca syndrome doesn't fit at all. Candidiasis would affect the immunocompromised and would be described as a raised white area. Tuberculous laryngitis is incredibly rare in these modern days of antituberculous chemotherapy. Singer's nodules (vocal fold nodules) typically present as a hoarse voice in childhood and thus fits.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.