Wjec english literature omam & unseen poetry *official thread*

Watch
Starmock99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have seen any officials yet so I thought why not make one??

Anyway you guys, how you feeling about Monday? Any predictions??
Steliata
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing To Kill a Mockingbird... not really sure how to gauge how prepared I am. I've been looking at that today and going through themes and characters etc, tomorrow I go through poetry
Starmock99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Steliata)
I'm doing To Kill a Mockingbird... not really sure how to gauge how prepared I am. I've been looking at that today and going through themes and characters etc, tomorrow I go through poetry
I Hate poetry so much, I just can't seem to get the points.
manningA15
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mixed feelings about this one. Have done loads of revision on OMAM and know the book quite well, but most of my practise answers haven't been up to standard (imo)
joeb1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I get so fustrated with English Lit., all my marked work is of A* standard but I can never write a sufficient amount. Also I hate how we have to learn quotes - how does this test our ability to respond to literature in any way?
tryrevise
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did a lot of OMAM revision today and have all my quotes and essay plans, need to do RS and unseen poetry tomorrow as well (but I have geography and physics next week as well, not to mention the unit 2 exam so need to fit in some revision for those too)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Starmock99
Rep:
?
Did any of you lot do cambridge igcse language paper 0522?? I need to know something!!
swiftexcuse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Unseen poetry is great! there's no wrong or right answer as long as you can justify it.
CarrieLouise1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Has anyone got any good tips for comparing unseen poetry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
swiftexcuse
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=CarrieLouise1;55882863]Has anyone got any good tips for comparing unseen poetry?

If you've analysed poem 1 and poem 2 then the comparison should hopefully come naturally. Talk about similarities and differences, be perceptive if you're aiming for the highest grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Starmock99
Rep:
?
Any predictions for omam??
I predict George, Candy or Curleys wife.
ktsrahan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Deval)
Curley's wife was last year, doubt they'll repeat it so close. I bet Candy or Lennie and then Loneliness,Racism or portyal of women.

Good Luck
kendo9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Deval)
same.
shrl0
Badges: 3
Report 5 years ago
These are my predictions; characters - Curley's wife (or her relationship with Curley), Candy, could be a question about the minor characters and their significance? George as an individual could come up. Themes - Treatment of women could be asked about, or loneliness, power. Could they ask us about the settings?
Starmock99
Rep:
?
(Original post by shrl0)
These are my predictions; characters - Curley's wife (or her relationship with Curley), Candy, could be a question about the minor characters and their significance? George as an individual could come up. Themes - Treatment of women could be asked about, or loneliness, power. Could they ask us about the settings?
I believe they can. Personally i would never pick the settings question. I've seen a settings quest on how the setting at the end of the novel ( lennies death) are good.
Starmock99
Rep:
?
Guys I have an idea. How about we choose a character and then everyone posts a quote on them. This wwould be great. Anyone up for it?
shrl0
Report 5 years ago
http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/8323.pdf - Link to specimen, page 6
shrl0
Report 5 years ago
In what ways is George significant could be asked because Candy came up in the specification and they may use treatment of women as a theme question
Starmock99
Rep:
?
So you're saying that Candy or Curley wont come up because they were in the specimen paper???
swiftexcuse
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You just don't know what will come up, it's best to just revise everything. Sometimes they do repeat questions but word it differently...

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.3%
No - I have already returned home (22)
13.33%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.42%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
24.85%

Watched Threads