The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Why does an accomodation survey ask whether I sleep before 11pm?

Hi, the imperial accomodation form asks whether you sleep before 11pm, would my answer effect which room I would get (e.g. get a twin room instead of the single I wanted). Or is it noise related?
Thanks!
I imagine it will simply be used in attempt to match you up to live with people who you will find it agreeable to live with.

Source: Went to a different uni but took a couple of modules in common sense.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Dry humour
Hi, the imperial accomodation form asks whether you sleep before 11pm, would my answer effect which room I would get (e.g. get a twin room instead of the single I wanted). Or is it noise related?
Thanks!

It might be so they put similarly minded people together so people who go to bed late don't disturb those who go to bed early, and those who get up early don't disturb those who like to sleep in?
Just my guess.
It's so they can match you with people who lead a similar sort of life style when possible. i.e. people who say they stay up late and are noisy are matched together.

I applied for my university accomodation really late and I got my second choice of halls (first choice was way oversubscribed) so there was quite a mix of people in my halls. I don't think it's the be all and end all of where you end up living, it's just so they can match you with suitable people within your accomodation of choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending