Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    People!!

Does anyone know what the score is with sfe if you are unable to complete a course or just quit. im looking at an ou BEng but i have spina bifida. What would i have to pay back if i could complete. This must be a common question but havent found the right place to get an answere. i dont want to submit my application till i know. Also..whats the bit about repaying 25% after the first 2 weeks of starting your course? is that me paying?
    im doing part time.

Let me know!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

For OU students, we will only offer loans for tuition fees. If you leave during the course the OU will determine how much fees they are actually charging you and will inform us of this. Fees are always paid back through salary once you're earning over the threshold.

25% of the fees will be released in the first 2 weeks of you starting your course by us, not by you.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much. When should be the latest to apply for finance for enrolment in sept? What other cost will i encour other than tuition? I understand extra books, travel and accomodation arent covered.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    We have no deadline as yet for part-time applications to be made. I would suggest as soon as you aware of the course that you will be attending, make the application at this stage.

To check the other cost's you will incur it would be best to direct this question to the Open University.

Thanks

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.