Turn on thread page Beta

Any Volunteer work for under 18 year olds watch

ReputationRep:
    Any festivals, Or fairs preferably in Scotland that are worth volunteering for? I'm only 17, so any suggestions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you were in St Johns Ambulance they might take you to an event from 16. otherwise not much chance.

ReputationRep:
    SJA do not operate in Scotland , i'm not sure what St Andrew's rules are with regard to 16 -18s and operational duties and it;s not sure about BRC either.

Unfortunately for many 16 -18s the issues with under 18s supervision etc make it something which hard pressed charities have a habit of putting on the 'too hard' pile ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashz)
    Any festivals, Or fairs preferably in Scotland that are worth volunteering for? I'm only 17, so any suggestions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is the volunteering for something in specific? YOu could always go down an alternate route (if the volunteering doesn't have to be specific) such as conservation or helping at brownies or even international volunteering (with ICS or Free the Children) I know they sound dull but having done them all i beg to differ! This may have not helped at all!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ashz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could volunteer with rainbows, brownies or guides.

ReputationRep:
    There are actually a few web resources that you could use to help you here.

You could look at the #iWill campaign, which has a range of information aimed at young people wanting to volunteer.

You could also look at something like Vinspired, which will recognise and reward you for your time.

And as a personal plug, you could ring up your local youth club, who will always be happy to help a young person gain some experience, and have a helping hand. You will also get to do fun stuff.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

/Chris

ReputationRep:
    any where in south west london..mans struggle to formulate a summer plan to volunteer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    any where in south west london..mans struggle to formulate a summer plan to volunteer...
    Anything specific?

There is this: http://www.londonyouth.org.uk/

(Sorry my knowledge of London is shockingly bad!).

/Chris

ReputationRep:
    the OP asked about fairs and festivals. For general voluntering there are opportunities with the guide movement but not much in the summer. There is this https://www.gov.uk/government/get-in...itizen-service and SENSE sometimes accpt 17 year olds. http://www.sense.org.uk/

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.