Turn on thread page Beta

Would YOU be happy to stay in this hotel room? watch

ReputationRep:
    I went to Paris on the Eurostar at the weekend. I usually go at least once a month to see my auntie and uncle. I stayed in a nice little hotel right outside Gare du Nord train station for a bargin at only £60 per night (The room had been reduced by 56%!). Soon approaching is my mum's birthday, and I would very much like to have her stay in the same hotel and room I stayed in. Would YOU or YOUR mum be impressed to stay in this hotel room? My only concern is that, while it does have a balcony, the Parisian street below is incredibly noisy, and from my own experience sleeping, the noise does continue until about midnight. Obviously, a major source of noise comes from the city's biggest train station opposite. Incidentally, this station is very poor compared to London St Pancras. I was approached by many shady looking men, some selling gifts, though most of them beggars. I had to give one man 5 Euro to stop pestering me, but I see this as a good deed, as I do pity them. I'm not so sure that my mum would like having to travel through what is, quite frankly, a dirty train station, that is poorly staffed, sign posted and is chaotic in every sense of the word! Gare du Nord does certainly need to be upgraded, as it is the first point of entry to France for many people - it doesn't leave a good first impressions. The outside of the building, however, does juxtapose its interior, as is to be expected in Paris I guess. The location of this hotel room was great when I stayed, as the big metro station is just outside, allowing me to travel all across Paris in very little time - like London! (It was actually DIRTIER than the London Underground), and very much more cosmopolitan in design. The interior of the trains needed a huge refurbishment. AI think my mum would probably like somewhere a little quieter, but I can't afford anything else! This room is normally dearer than the price listed in front of me now! Anyway, I would like to know if you think I should have my mum stay here. I don't suppose you'll know, but at least it was worth asking someone but myself. I can't really afford anything grander, but this is nice enough for her, surely?

Name:  IMG_0033.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  508.4 KB

Attachment 399997399999

Attachment 399997399999400000

[attach]3.999973999994e+23[/attach]

[attach]3.999973999994e+29[/attach]
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I can pick one fault with my room - the bath plug would not form a water tight seal when placed into the bath, so instead of moaning to the staff downstairs, I held the ball of my foot on the plug itself while taking a bath. I only stayed one night, and I'm not one to moan, partly because I'm young, but also because things like this don't bother me! With my mum, however, she is one to notice small things like this...

The other hotels in my price range aren't as nice as this, so do you think that I should take a risk and have my mum stay here?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2015
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.