Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am a year 10 student who is currently studying English Literature GCSE under the exam board of WJEC. When I have been looking for revision notes of poetry analysis for WJEC I have found it really hard to find any decent notes on poetry analysis so I have made a guide which is basically a modified mark scheme to use when you are in your exam:-

What the mark scheme is looking for in Section B:-
    • You need to have detailed discussion of how the poet evokes the feelings that they are trying to message to the reader.
    • Need to give assured analysis while writing about the two poems.
    • The candidate should comment on the stylistics features that the poets have used.
    • The students should also comment on the symbolism that is possibly used by the poets.
    • There will appreciation of the language used by the poets and how the words chosen give a certain emotional effect.
    • The response should be personal and the candidate should not what emotion is evoked inside of them when they read the poem.
    • It is greatly advised, that the student who is taking the exam compares their personal experiences and opinions and link them in with the poets experiences and opinions.
    • While writing your comparative essay, you should make confident comparisons between the two poems but it is advised to give distinct links of both poems in order to achieve more marks.
    • The candidate ability to translate and be aware of ambiguous and possible interpretations of the poems which will show the examiner that you are confident in the essay you are writing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 16, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.