Hello! I am a year 10 student who is currently studying English Literature GCSE under the exam board of WJEC. When I have been looking for revision notes of poetry analysis for WJEC I have found it really hard to find any decent notes on poetry analysis so I have made a guide which is basically a modified mark scheme to use when you are in your exam:-
What the mark scheme is looking for in Section B:-
• You need to have detailed discussion of how the poet evokes the feelings that they are trying to message to the reader.
• Need to give assured analysis while writing about the two poems.
• The candidate should comment on the stylistics features that the poets have used.
• The students should also comment on the symbolism that is possibly used by the poets.
• There will appreciation of the language used by the poets and how the words chosen give a certain emotional effect.
• The response should be personal and the candidate should not what emotion is evoked inside of them when they read the poem.
• It is greatly advised, that the student who is taking the exam compares their personal experiences and opinions and link them in with the poets experiences and opinions.
• While writing your comparative essay, you should make confident comparisons between the two poems but it is advised to give distinct links of both poems in order to achieve more marks.
• The candidate ability to translate and be aware of ambiguous and possible interpretations of the poems which will show the examiner that you are confident in the essay you are writing.
Turn on thread page Beta
WJEC Poetry Comparisons - Unit 1 Section B watch
- Thread Starter
- 16-05-2015 21:00