Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

So I am going to be starting my course in October, to read engineering and am quite excited. I've got a few questions to ask, I would like to learn an instrument- as during school I had no interest in doing so. (My parents would bug me to start, but they gave up). However, I am now currently falling into gaze with music. Will I be able to learn how to play an instrument at Warwick? I am looking to play the violin.

It would be great to hear some responses.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry it took so long for someone to get back to you on this!

Music lessons are available at Warwick, and there are extensive societies dedicated to musicianship, who perform for fun and competitively. BandSoc for instance is a huge society that offers lessons through its members to beginners and that performs often around campus and rehearses on campus. There is no music degree offered at Warwick, but there are loads of people who play instruments in their spare time and with the Warwick Facebook groups etc, it would be really easy to find someone who could teach you for a reasonable fee.

Hope this helps somewhat!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.