Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

just after some advice. I joined open uni before the fees went up so I still get my courses cheap (ish) at £1000 per 60 credits. Which I pay for myself

I've done 2 level 1 modules and just started the third. But I don't really understand it and struggle at the moment so I am worried about level 2.

But it I also wonder if it is even worth bothering. I am a receptionist and enjoy my job. And since meeting my boyfriend after I started the course I really am not bothered about having a career. He thinks I can stop working in about 10 years as the mortgage will be paid and then he can support us both. So I'm thinking what's the point of using £2500 of my own money to get a qualification I don't need, as I am unlikely to apply for another post and it will take 2 and half years to get it. Which isn't really much use if I'm stopping work in 10

on the other hand I know it's relatively cheap qualification and if I just did it it will always be there as who knows what the future wIll bring.

Just trying to to weigh up if it is worth doing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.