Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...logy-6BI01.pdf

Does anyone know where the markscheme for the above exemplar paper is!??? If not, please help with answering some questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txyin)
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...logy-6BI01.pdf

Does anyone know where the markscheme for the above exemplar paper is!??? If not, please help with answering some questions
    I'm afraid I don't, sorry, but I can help you with answers if you'd like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    I'm afraid I don't, sorry, but I can help you with answers if you'd like
    Thanks! For 3a I said aorta, pulmonary artery, pulmonary veins and coronary arteries. For 4a I said aorta, veins and capillaries. For 8a I just expanded on the two points in the description above but don't know what the third mark would be? 8cii, would it be Samir or Zac? Those were the questions I struggled with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txyin)
    Thanks! For 3a I said aorta, pulmonary artery, pulmonary veins and coronary arteries. For 4a I said aorta, veins and capillaries. For 8a I just expanded on the two points in the description above but don't know what the third mark would be? 8cii, would it be Samir or Zac? Those were the questions I struggled with
    You definitely got 3a right, i am not sure if aorta is right though, i am not sure if it has valves? (But you would have to check!), also the third mark is most likely mentioning ficks law, and how it already has two of the components of the formula, but will mention the third one. Also the probability is 25%, since CF's phenotype is cause by a recessive genotype, it means that both parents either have to be carriers of sufferers, since neither of them of sufferers, and they have a child with the disease already, that means they are both carriers. Their genotypes are then going to be Cc and Cc, then if you draw a punnet square, 1/4 of the squares are cc, so it means there is a 25% chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indigo.Brownhall)
    You definitely got 3a right, i am not sure if aorta is right though, i am not sure if it has valves? (But you would have to check!), also the third mark is most likely mentioning ficks law, and how it already has two of the components of the formula, but will mention the third one. Also the probability is 25%, since CF's phenotype is cause by a recessive genotype, it means that both parents either have to be carriers of sufferers, since neither of them of sufferers, and they have a child with the disease already, that means they are both carriers. Their genotypes are then going to be Cc and Cc, then if you draw a punnet square, 1/4 of the squares are cc, so it means there is a 25% chance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I get you but wouldn't that make both Samir and Zac carriers, since they've both had children who are affected?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.