The Student Room Group

life going no where

how do you find a purpose in life, is there such a thing? life is routine, you go to school, then usually waste time on the internet in the evening, and repeat. i thought because i was a child life was so limited. but then i became an adult i realized life was just the same routine as school. i go to work, its dull but its not something i have to think about when i get home, i waste time on the internet, watch some tv, go to bed, and repeat.
is life the same for everyone?
ive always thought everyone was having a better time than me but thats probably just my self esteem.
Yes, life is pointless and you are a slave, unless you're a millionaire who doesn't have to work, of course.
Original post by Anonymous
how do you find a purpose in life, is there such a thing? life is routine, you go to school, then usually waste time on the internet in the evening, and repeat. i thought because i was a child life was so limited. but then i became an adult i realized life was just the same routine as school. i go to work, its dull but its not something i have to think about when i get home, i waste time on the internet, watch some tv, go to bed, and repeat.
is life the same for everyone?
ive always thought everyone was having a better time than me but thats probably just my self esteem.

Mate, I've been having these thoughts for so long. When I find some time to be alone, it suddenly dawns on me what the hell I haven't accomplished or what I'm going to be doing for the next few decades. That's unfortunately life. Try and distract yourself with some hobbies. Go out for walks, join a class, learn something new! I think the job front is what gets me the most. Going to work just to earn a living with no real enjoyment has got to be the worst. Hopefully I'll be able to find one that is both a hobby and a source of income.
Hey, life is pretty much like a routine but if you enjoy the work then you should get a sense of purporse out of that and if you have any hobbies then that too should help make life a little bit more exciting. I think when you are younger, you have all these crazy ideas about what you will do when your older and the reality is yes you can go travelling see the world but at some point you have to work and most importantly to do those cool exciting things you need money.
Learning new skills and applying these skills will eliminate this feeling. After work every day you should be able to find a couple hours (most days at least) to devote to skill development. On weekends you could easily spend 5 hours per weekend day just playing around with your new skills, if you have nothing else on.

That equates to about 20 hours a week just for fun and happiness. Seems reasonable to me.
That's quite hard cut there,
You must have had some kind of dreams you had when you were growing up, it is never to late to pursue them! I know it is such a cliche but "You only live once", got to really think about it, no resets, when it is your time that is it, over! This thought terrifies me, therefore I always strive to do something I enjoy or direct my life towards experiences and fun. You've got to cut your routine and go out and do something you want to do!
Yeah I go through this thought process daily aswell. You just have to try and find hobbies and things that you enjoy plus friendships and relationships to add meaning and purpose to your life I guess.
Reply 7
Most people say religion is what gives their life purpose... I understand what you mean about how everything is so routine, I dislike it too. I think you should find what you enjoy, invest your time in a dream, get a job you love.. but hey ho I guess we all waste time on the internet, eating and crapping. das life but chin up
Ye im like that as well, i've always wondered if being in a relationship is the thing that give you purpose, because then your not going for work for yourself you doing it for your partner. dunno though

wouldnt worry bout it, everyone thinks this. (i think)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending