Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's a yr 11 prom
    i would wear it with silver sparkly shoes and a diamond bracelet or necklance or belt. It's much of a brighter purple than shown in the picture
    I'm 5ft 8inch
    size 8/10
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Not!

Go for the classic ballgown / glamour dress look! - If you are going to spend that kind of money, buy something you can use again - it's not a one off! - (Sorry, but you asked on here for advice!) x

ReputationRep:
    LOL!
    Trolls are becoming harder to spot these days.

Lucky I have my trusty radar.

ReputationRep:
    That looks horrible..

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth do women wear jumpsuits.

For goodness sake, skirt or a dress!

ReputationRep:
    this jumpsuit seems quite nice, plus you can wear it again after prom!

Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by Crzylissy)
    It's a yr 11 prom
    i would wear it with silver sparkly shoes and a diamond bracelet or necklance or belt. It's much of a brighter purple than shown in the picture
    I'm 5ft 8inch
    size 8/10
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Why on earth do women wear jumpsuits.

For goodness sake, skirt or a dress!
    what's wrong with jumpsuits? personally I don't really like the purple one in the photo either but not all jumpsuits look unflattering! :erm: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    It's a yr 11 prom
    I'm 5ft 8inch
    size 8/10

YOU SHOULD DO NO SUCH THING!! :zomg: you will regret it!!!

I was new at an all white school once in the country a couple yrs ago and the girls tried to trick me into wearing trousers. Like they said, "ohhh it's not gonna be anything really. No one's dressing up. Just wear like some jeans, you'll be fine." And I almost fell for it but then I was talking out loud to a friend and got overheard saying, "it's so tragic to wear jeans and sandals to the prom, seriously??" And the girl who never spoke to me piped up and said, "yes that's really dumb!" as if she was like in on people trying to trick me into embarrassing myself. She was an angel for defending me :daydreaming:

I also had a formal dance when I was like 12 and I was the ONLY person to come in casual wear and you could hear a pin drop. It was so bad they didn't even put me in the yearbook :sad: If I become amazing and famous the whole world will discover it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    How is it horrible? :confused: OP, if you like it then get it. + You can always wear it again with other accessories etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss A. Hepburn)
    this jumpsuit seems quite nice, plus you can wear it again after prom!

Spoiler:
    Show

what's wrong with jumpsuits? personally I don't really like the purple one in the photo either but not all jumpsuits look unflattering! :erm: :woo:
    Jump suits are like elasticated jeans and baggy leggings and onsies, they are not especially feminine and fashionable rather than what i'd consider stylish.

If it was up to me, women would always wear tight leggings, skirts or dresses.

In essence i just don't think it looks pretty.

ReputationRep:
    It's a yr 11 prom
    I'm 5ft 8inch
    size 8/10
    if that is what you truly want to wear then go for it ! i work in retail and jumpsuits are so IN! a lot nicer than some tacky dresses some people wear, maybe don't wear a belt though because it takes away the flowy element of the jumpsuit <3
    just know that its what YOU want to wear then go for it xx

ReputationRep:
    I like the idea of wearing a jumpsuit to prom..
    You'll probably wear it more times then a giant ball gown prom dress!
    Perhaps go for one with a slim/skinny leg though, to make it more elegant.

ReputationRep:
    Yes if thats what you want to wear!! Why should anyone elses opinion matter!

ReputationRep:
    If it's what you want to wear, then go for it!
    Jumpsuits can look really nice with the right accessories, imo.
    Ignore anyone who says that you have to abide to their opinion of what fashion is...

ReputationRep:
    It's a yr 11 prom
    I'm 5ft 8inch
    size 8/10

I am a gay guy into fashion, be wary of the jumpsuit as it can highlight camel toe
    A LOT

ReputationRep:
    Hey Girl! My year 10 prom is coming up and I’m wearing a satin jumpsuit stylised with gold accessories and heels as well as a gold glittery cloth and I can tell you I look fabulous. Jumpsuits are perfectly fine to wear to prom but it depends on which one you wear and how stylise it. The one in the image is okay but maybe going for a jumpsuit that’s really out there would really fit the formal dress code.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's just a high school prom it doesn't matter in the slightest. Wear what you want.

ReputationRep:
    if you want
    but also i never bothered going to prom so idk.

ReputationRep:
    literally do whatever you want nobody cares

ReputationRep:
    well, you should were a jumpsuit.. if you dont find dresses and skirts comfortable then go in for a one piece. who said that we gotta wear a dress for prom huh? wear whatever you think makes you look like you and not a doll or whatever! You gotta slay with whatever you want. dont listen to what others say just go for it, in the end you'll feel happy being the different one Peace x

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.