Turn on thread page Beta

Why is slavery depicted as White? watch

ReputationRep:
    Weren't some of the first slave owning civilizations technically Black?

Ancient Egyptians are considered Black people and they owned slaves right?

Slavery was very common in almost all ancient civilizations like ancient China. Greece, Islamic Caliphates.

People are wrong to associate slavery as being Black and White racism. Blacks were made slaves because they were cheaper and there were laws against owning Christian slaves which forced slave traders to look elsewhere.

Believe it or not there was a time Black slaves were more expensive than White slaves because transportation wasn't cheap. There are even some descendants of White Irish slaves in Barbados today from back then White slaves were more common.

Did you know Arabs (Barbary slave trade) raided and enslaved Europeans for centuries? Often Christians would donate money to their congregations so they could use the money free Christian slaves.

Why does society ignore this? because they love to vilify an entire race, with their many different ethnicities and cultures as being slave owning racists.

Some believe the Hamitic myth that Black people were cursed with dark skin was used to justify African slavery. It is written in the Talmud by racist Rabbi's.

Who gets blamed for that?

ReputationRep:
    to make white people feel collective guilt/collective responsibility

bit like the propaganda to make germans feel guilty about the holocaust even if they and their family weren't remotely affiliated

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I put this in on the wrong section this was meant to be in history.

I'm British of Polish descent and I'm reading up on the history of slavery. Interestingly enough Poland abolished slavery in 15th century. I can't find anything about Black slaves in Poland, only the many White slaves that there were before the 15th century ban.
    But because I am considered "White" I am guilty somehow?

I think this is unfair you may as well associate all Arabs as being slave owners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SotonianOne)
    to make white people feel collective guilt/collective responsibility

bit like the propaganda to make germans feel guilty about the holocaust even if they and their family weren't remotely affiliated

Germans suffered huge losses the Dresden bombings were a sickening act against a civilian population. They were taken over by Communists, who some estimates say over 20 million died because of the first Soviet Union. Why do their lives not matter? You cannot question the 6 million number without being punished in some way.

Holodomor was a Holocaust that few people know about. Ukrainian people, who are probably considered White slave owning (no they didn't) privileged people are largely poor and don't have the ties around the world to let people know of their Holocaust.

Jews keep their own censuses. Who else does this? They knocked off just under 6 million (you have to take birth rate into consideration) but can we use a Jewish created census as proof? Jews are often in the White demographic as you may know. So we actually have idea how many Jews there are in the world. If we look at the White British population, how do we know how many aren't Jews? I did read up about a 1945 census that showed the Jewish population increased slightly meaning it would be impossible for over a million let alone 6 million to have died. There is also the question of who is a Jew. Is someone who has a Jewish mother and a gentile father considered a Jewish? Like Scarlet Johansen.

Onto slavery...

I have noticed the people who push White guilt, privilege and White responsibility are typically Jewish. Look up a man named Tim Wise and see what I mean. This is insulting because Jews have been a huge part of Western civilization have they not? Are Jewish people not wealthy capitalists? They practically own everything, not to mention the banks..... The idea of Jews not selling slaves and profiting from slavery is ludicrous but they dictate what you can and cannot know.
    Slavery against the name of the Jews as it is considered defamation. But what do Jews do to Germans? What do Jews do to White people in general? White privilege, White guilt is something they push against us. Are Jews not privileged? No that would be offensive.

I think we need to talk about Jews. What are they? a religion? Judaism is a religion but being Jewish is very much a racial identity. I'll explain.

If you are a Chinese person in America you identify yourselves as Asian or Chinese.
    If you are a White American you identify yourselves as White, though some White American's will retain some ethnic identity like Irish, Italians...

What about Jews? A French Jew is a Jew. A Britain Jew is a Jew. When have Jews ever identify themselves as being White? never. They simply benefit from hiding in a White majority demographic.

Because of this story of 6 million Jews that they push on everyone through the education you are quick to defend the Jews when anyone even mentions them in a negative light. You want to see them as purely being victims, but there is much villainy in the Jewish people as we witness today.

ReputationRep:
    Because we live in a western society? Go to China and slavery will be "depicted" as Asian. Go to Uganda and slavery will be "depicted" as black. You probably have no desire to have Black African history taught in schools, so don't turn around trynna play the victim when people have a eurocentric view on history. Bye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miscast)
    Weren't some of the first slave owning civilizations technically Black?
    We live in the West and, generally, the history curriculum in every country teaches the history relevant to its own society.

Thus, it's perfectly justifiable that the enslavement of blacks supported by Britain and the United States is taught and other slave trades are less emphasised. I'd say it's even more important to teach slavery in the United States, though, seeing as it was one of the two original sins of the United States - the other being the genocide of the Native Americans - as it entails that the United States was founded upon slavery and genocide.

Unless, of course, we follow your statement to its logical conclusion in which case there's no reason why we shouldn't be teaching the history of Japanese politics in our A-Level history courses instead of the history of British politics.

In essence: context matters.

As for your bizarre anti-Semitic statements, they don't even merit a reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miscast)
    Germans suffered huge losses the Dresden bombings were a sickening act against a civilian population. They were taken over by Communists, who some estimates say over 20 million died because of the first Soviet Union. Why do their lives not matter? You cannot question the 6 million number without being punished in some way.

Holodomor was a Holocaust that few people know about. Ukrainian people, who are probably considered White slave owning (no they didn't) privileged people are largely poor and don't have the ties around the world to let people know of their Holocaust.

Jews keep their own censuses. Who else does this? They knocked off just under 6 million (you have to take birth rate into consideration) but can we use a Jewish created census as proof? Jews are often in the White demographic as you may know. So we actually have idea how many Jews there are in the world. If we look at the White British population, how do we know how many aren't Jews? I did read up about a 1945 census that showed the Jewish population increased slightly meaning it would be impossible for over a million let alone 6 million to have died. There is also the question of who is a Jew. Is someone who has a Jewish mother and a gentile father considered a Jewish? Like Scarlet Johansen.

Onto slavery...

I have noticed the people who push White guilt, privilege and White responsibility are typically Jewish. Look up a man named Tim Wise and see what I mean. This is insulting because Jews have been a huge part of Western civilization have they not? Are Jewish people not wealthy capitalists? They practically own everything, not to mention the banks..... The idea of Jews not selling slaves and profiting from slavery is ludicrous but they dictate what you can and cannot know.
    Slavery against the name of the Jews as it is considered defamation. But what do Jews do to Germans? What do Jews do to White people in general? White privilege, White guilt is something they push against us. Are Jews not privileged? No that would be offensive.

I think we need to talk about Jews. What are they? a religion? Judaism is a religion but being Jewish is very much a racial identity. I'll explain.

If you are a Chinese person in America you identify yourselves as Asian or Chinese.
    If you are a White American you identify yourselves as White, though some White American's will retain some ethnic identity like Irish, Italians...

What about Jews? A French Jew is a Jew. A Britain Jew is a Jew. When have Jews ever identify themselves as being White? never. They simply benefit from hiding in a White majority demographic.

Because of this story of 6 million Jews that they push on everyone through the education you are quick to defend the Jews when anyone even mentions them in a negative light. You want to see them as purely being victims, but there is much villainy in the Jewish people as we witness today.
    Ain't it lovely to have a Polish jew-hater post in the morning...

Yes, the population of Jews in the UK did increase in the 1940s. But I somehow must have missed one of my history lessons which said that there was a mass ethnic cleansing of Jews in Britain during the war? I mean, look at areas where they were actually targeted, like Netherlands and Poland for a start. They were safe in Britain, so of course they will increase in population .. not to mention the influx of immigrants like Jack Cohen and Michael Marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truths)
    Because we live in a western society? Go to China and slavery will be "depicted" as Asian. Go to Uganda and slavery will be "depicted" as black. You probably have no desire to have Black African history taught in schools, so don't turn around trynna play the victim when people have a eurocentric view on history. Bye.
    Thats a wee bit of an assumption but even if you do take a "Eurocentric" view of history...were millions of Europeans not abducted and enslaved by North Africans during the Barbary slave trade? Did the Ottoman empire not enslave millions of Balkan Europeans during its brutal 500 year occupation of the region?

The problem here is not a Eurocentric view of history but rather an Americo-centric view of history. As America has ascended as the world's most powerful nation militarily, politically and culturally its history has weaved its way into western consciousness and so we relate things accordingly.

The reason why white people in the west self-flagellate so hard over it despite most having nothing to do with it is because simply that: we created this concept of white as a catch all term for light skinned Europeans and because we have American cultural norms imposed on us, we are now beginning to shift from identifying ourselves and others as 'White' and 'Black' rather than 'British' and 'Kenyan' etc. We've applied the rules of nationhood to race, and so just as in a nation you take on a national consciousness and history he have taken on a 'white' consciousness and history which centres itself on America

ReputationRep:
    Its associated with Whites because us europeans were the first ones to turn it into a massive market shipping thousands around the world to the Americas and so on. The African and Arab Kingdoms that did it didn't do it to any degree as to the European slavers plus its more modern history.

ReputationRep:
    It's about psychological oppression. It's almost comical that white people collectively are blamed for slavery when it was white people who actually were the only ones who made an effort to abolish it.

Slavery was a bit part in British history, contributing les than 1% of GDP even at the height. Barely any white people owned slaves, millions of white people were enslaved by brown Islamic civilisation, Jews were dominate slave traders, millions of slaves still exist today in third world, but yet slavery is placed in door of white Christian people. Lol

It's bizarre how certain ethnic minority groups want their history taught in British schools, but not the bad stuff. Suddenly, when it's about teaching bad stuff, they say the focus should be on western civisliation only. Again, lol.

They are like worms wriggling to different tune whenever sunlight is exposed on them.

White people are responsible for this because the rank, stinking hypocrisy and racism of the dominant minority groups is never challenged by white people. They have you on back foot pointing the guilt finger when they refuse to look in the mirror themselves. Mirrors must be held up to these people.

From a third eye perspective, it seems to me as if UK is a conquered nation. The way history is taught is as if a conquering army has imposed its own narrative on a conquered people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soldieroffortune)
    Its associated with Whites because us europeans were the first ones to turn it into a massive market shipping thousands around the world to the Americas and so on. The African and Arab Kingdoms that did it didn't do it to any degree as to the European slavers plus its more modern history.
    Except, Brown Muslims turned it into a massive market almost a century before White Christian and Jew did.

ReputationRep:
    The Arabic slave trade actually lasted far longer, killed more people and was more brutal due to their policy of cutting off the genitals of their male slaves.

ReputationRep:
    to have/obtain slaves is basicly very unhandy, they needs to be housed , nurgered, breeded, cured when ill, fed, garded, chained, watched, and corrected,

wich all makes to have slaves higly unpractical .

ReputationRep:
    Because black people moan the most out of all the different ethnic groups lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capitalismstinks)
    Except, Brown Muslims turned it into a massive market almost a century before White Christian and Jew did.
    They didn't turn it into nearly as big a trade as the Europeans, religion isn't a factor here? and why are you putting emphasis on 'brown muslims' and 'the jew' or are you one of these people with a screw loose when it comes to religion?
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    The Arabic slave trade actually lasted far longer, killed more people and was more brutal due to their policy of cutting off the genitals of their male slaves.
    Length was never a point i made. As for killing more people and being more brutal i can do little more than sigh at that, castrating the 'negro' is hardly very barbaric compared to some of the practices others got up to.

ReputationRep:
    They didn't turn it into nearly as big a trade as the Europeans, religion isn't a factor here? and why are you putting emphasis on 'brown muslims' and 'the jew' or are you one of these people with a screw loose when it comes to religion?

Length was never a point i made. As for killing more people and being more brutal i can do little more than sigh at that, castrating the 'negro' is hardly very barbaric compared to some of the practices others got up to.

No, Islamic slavery was far bigger both in terms of time scale and sheer numbers. It begun in 7th century. Christians and Jews purchased slaves from Africa and shipped roughly 10 million slaves to new world. Muslims enslaved double that amount, over 20 million, in sub Saharan Africans alone. But let's not forget the millions of Europeans and Asians they also enslaved.

When Islam invaded india for example they enslaved so many Hindus global price in slaves plummeted.

This is history the ignorant either don't know, or willingly ignore because it does not suit their agendas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dossedudex)
    to have/obtain slaves is basicly very unhandy, they needs to be housed , nurgered, breeded, cured when ill, fed, garded, chained, watched, and corrected,

wich all makes to have slaves higly unpractical .
    I'd beg to differ playing devils advocate here of course having slaves would be very easy you would have simply gone down the market bought what ever ones took your fancy brought them home chained them in an out building and whip them to work, granted they need feeding and basic clothes aside from that though none of what you mentioned had to be done or really was ... they get ill, let them die. They try run away they'd be shot or worse, and finally i have yet to hear of any case of a simple slave owner breeding them like cattle...? most of what you described was done by slavers not the owners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truths)

lmao!

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Because black people moan the most out of all the different ethnic groups lol.

Really? "moan?" And actually no. All ethnic and minority groups "moan" it's just the black "moans" are the most obligatory to concede to...for obvious reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capitalismstinks)
    No, Islamic slavery was far bigger both in terms of time scale and sheer numbers. It begun in 7th century. Christians and Jews purchased slaves from Africa and shipped roughly 10 million slaves to new world. Muslims enslaved double that amount, over 20 million, in sub Saharan Africans alone. But let's not forget the millions of Europeans and Asians they also enslaved.

When Islam invaded india for example they enslaved so many Hindus global price in slaves plummeted.

This is history the ignorant either don't know, or willingly ignore because it does not suit their agendas
    Who gives a toss about time by that ridiculous rationale we're going back millenia here, the Ancient Romans and Egyptians both had slaves and far further back as well so don't go flapping your gums about time frames here sun shine.

Also don't pretend for a second you can even guess the number of slaves used in the Arabian empires which were not all ipso facto Muslim, once again religion is not a factor in this please get this into your head it is business plain and simple slaves be them whites or blics were nothing more than units they ceased being people at that point from anyone elses perspective.

Oh Jesus H Christ what a load of tosh, stop with this nonsensical Muslim bashing which you clearly have no idea about. The time frames you're talking about notably the Mogul hoards which whilst Muslim bore no relevance to enslaving the people they over ran they were simply the booty of war much like any army would take the locals namely women in later history or kidnap everyone back in the middle ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90sBabyy)
    lmao!

Really? "moan?" And actually no. All ethnic and minority groups "moan" it's just the black "moans" are the most obligatory to concede to...for obvious reasons.
    ye because they moan the most lol.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.