Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 22 and have never had a boyfriend! All my friends have one, seeing someone or is sleeping with someone - it's only me and fed up of it!
    Has anyone else been in my position where they've been the single friend FOREVER?!

ReputationRep:
    No, you will find someone eventually I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tezcatlipoca12)
    No, you will find someone eventually I'm sure.
    I agree, there's someone out there for everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisPalfrey)
    I agree, there's someone out there for everyone
    Exactly, I happen to think that every girl is perfect in their own way.

ReputationRep:
    No offense, but you must be quite bad looking if you're a girl that has not been approached by guys. Maybe that's something to work on. Gym, better make-up etc.

=/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    No offense, but you must be quite bad looking if you're a girl that has not been approached by guys. Maybe that's something to work on. Gym, better make-up etc.

=/
    I think you need to learn to be more sensitive.

ReputationRep:

=/
    Well you don't look like a c*** at all

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a woman.

ReputationRep:
    I am 23 and not had a girlfriend. The difference is that I have had offers and refused because I am a Protestant.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a woman.
    Neither am I. I don't think either gender has certain emotions that they do have and some they don't. I believe we are equal in every aspect.

ReputationRep:
    Well while you're right, that isn't exactly the point.
    The main thing is that it's more likely to be relating to what OP does/is. Antisocial? shy? Awkward? Don't get out much?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a woman.
    Part of being a man is compassion.

Part of being a boy is thinking you're tough.

Anyway, ugliness isn't even going to be a factor here. That's not what a relationship worth having is based on.

OP, are there any guys you like? Have you approached them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyxx)
    I'm nearly 22 and have never had a boyfriend! All my friends have one, seeing someone or is sleeping with someone - it's only me and fed up of it!
    Has anyone else been in my position where they've been the single friend FOREVER?!
    Well I'm nearly 21 and have never had a girlfriend ngl it is now starting to bother me... It used to be from lack of trying but at this point I swear I find hear the phrase "Im sorry, we are just really close friends" I might just scream... Lol I'm sure you'll find someone though... Not sure what else there is to be said.

ReputationRep:
    He has a point though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyxx)
    Its tough work dating unless you are in the uber attractive and popular set, which lets face it only a small percentage of the population are. I was your age before my first gf. Nearly all my friends had been more successful than me - some with gf from around 15. A very frustrating wait and I was pretty down but after that first success my luck picked up. It's about patience and tenacity, playing to your strengths and working on your weaknesses. Keep at it and you will find love
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    90% of my social life these days is just third wheeling couples. It sucks but you get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry about it, you can always get a cat

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.