ReputationRep:
    Just interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tezcatlipoca12)
    Just interested.
    I would also like to know...for research purposes of course

ReputationRep:
    Lol.
    Why would you ask women what they want. They don't know what they want. They say what they should like but are attracted in the real world to...

A social, confident man who is not afraid to challenge them if they are going wrong and can protect them from harm.

Real talk.

aka. why you hear guys whining about "why do girls say they want nice guys but pick people who treat them bad"

ReputationRep:
    How many threads appear on TSR about this?

It's good to be able to have an in-depth conversation with someone - if we don't have things in common then that's not the best start. Reasonably intelligent, has a good sense of humour... Confidence is attractive, but not cockiness. Just someone who is nice to be around? Not that picky about appearance... though I prefer darker hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    Lol.
    Why would you ask women what they want. They don't know what they want. They say what they should like but are attracted in the real world to...

A social, confident man who is not afraid to challenge them if they are going wrong and can protect them from harm.

Real talk.

aka. why you hear guys whining about "why do girls say they want nice guys but pick people who treat them bad"
    Spot on as always haha

ReputationRep:
    Someone who loves animals
    Has good music, film and game taste
    Caring and loyal
    Confident but not cocky
    Patient
    Can take a joke and isn't easily offended

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Money... yeah money is probably enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieC130)
    Money... yeah money is probably enough.
    How much money?

ReputationRep:
    they look for money

ReputationRep:
    Humor, looks, and confidence.

ReputationRep:
    Physically: curly or slightly long hair, preferably taller than me but not too bothered, someone who has a style and doesn't look thrown together.

Personality wise - someone who can keep me a little bit on my toes who isn't a wet fish. Someone who is smarter than me who I can learn from. Someone who doesn't just care about their immediate circle of friends and family; I find philanthropy really attractive. Someone who thinks practically and long term. Someone who is decisive and enthusiastic. I find apathy and shortsightedness quite immature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Money, status and a six pack
    Spoiler:
    Show

So many threads like this, just can't take them seriously anymore :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Hellur all,

as a strong independent German woman what I look for in a man is a big schnitzel if you know what I mean ))))))))))))))))

Frau Mo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tezcatlipoca12)
    Just interested.
    Physically: Someone who is taller than us with an attractive smile. Some girls have preferred hair colour, eye colour, the length of hair etc. For example, my dream guy is someone with dimples, a big wide smile on his face etc.

Personality: Someone who should be able to protect his girl no matter what the situation is. He should be caring and possessive. A girl wants someone who is willing to get on with her family. I could go on and on but I'm gonna stop here

ReputationRep:
    I like...someone who:

- Likes to play video games with me and does not feel intimidated if they lose
    - Respectful and well - mannered to everyone
    - Introvert (like me)
    - Intelligent and has interests (NOT football)
    - Loyal and affectionate
    - Makes me feel comfortable (I have anxiety)
    - Prepared to listen and have insightful conversations
    - Confident (but not cocky)
    - Doesn't try to impress their friends and look 'cool'
    - Doesn't like make - up or doesn't mind if a woman never wears it (in my opinion I feel like it is a waste of my time and money)

Note: Women should NOT expect their man to do everything for them (pay for the meal when they go out on a date, push out their chair etc.) I think this because I think the relationship should be equal and that the woman should not think that she is entitled to be treated like a princess in a fantasy world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyylulu)
    I like...someone who:

- Likes to play video games with me and does not feel intimidated if they lose
    Can't be very hard to find somebody who wants to play video games.

Although maybe finding somebody who isn't intimidated when they lose, is a bit hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    someone who won't cheat (can't really determine that tho :rolleyes:)
    someone I can have a laugh with
    someone who thinks for themselves
    someone who is interesting/does their own thing/ not trying to be the stereotypical kind of guy who they think all girls want
    similar interests/ certain degree of compatibility

in terms of looks
    same height as me or taller and average looking. In short there has to be physical attraction there but I'm not looking for a model.

tbh every girl is different though there will be some that are looking for a big car , lots of money and who aren't too bothered about personality/ looks etc whereas others who don't care about money and just want a nice guy who they are attracted to and who finds them attractive etc. It's quite hard to say "women only want..." because the truth is all women are different and so will want different things.

I'd say just be yourself but work on your weaknesses (i.e. trying to better yourself) and there is a high chance you will find someone who wants to be with you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.