JamesStanley
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys,

I was just wondering what qualifications you need to be a physiotherapist? I'm at college at the moment studying AS level maths, history, biology and chemistry and will go on to complete a full A level in maths, biology and chemistry. What courses would I need to study at university? Could I not go to university just go into training and learning on the job?

Thanks a lot :-)
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You have to do a physiotherapy degree to become one, I don't think apprenticeships exsist for it.
superwolf
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There are physiotherapy assistant jobs out there that don't require a degree (try searching physiotherapy assistant/technician/support worker) on NHS jobs, but you won't be able to become a fully fledged physio without doing the actual degree. More information here.
JamesStanley
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
You have to do a physiotherapy degree to become one, I don't think apprenticeships exsist for it.
yes, i didnt think so just wasnt sure

thanks a lot :-)
JamesStanley
Rep:
?
(Original post by superwolf)
There are physiotherapy assistant jobs out there that don't require a degree (try searching physiotherapy assistant/technician/support worker) on NHS jobs, but you won't be able to become a fully fledged physio without doing the actual degree. More information here.
thanks for the information!!:-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (137)
28.48%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.51%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.36%
No - I live at home during term anyway (141)
29.31%

Watched Threads