Turn on thread page Beta

I got cheated on and then I did something bad...... watch

So I was with my boyfriend for 9 months I found out on Thursday that he had been cheating on me, with one of my friends.

To say I was upset is an understatement, I was and still am pretty devastated. I confronted him, went pretty crazy at him, it didn't end well.

This is the part I am really disapointed in myself for. I then confronted the girl ''my friend'', this girl is from Pakistan and I was very racist to her, I was calling her the P word, telling her to go home, telling her to put her bin bag back on her head etc etc and as she was leaving to walk away from me I spat at her........

Now I am not a racist, this person was my friend before all of this happened, she's been to my house, we've been on nights out together but I think because I was so upset it kind of felt like the only thing I could get at her with?. But now I am the bad one out of this whole thing as I was racist, like what they both did doesn't even matter now apparently and is justified as I was racist to her.

I feel very dissapointed in myself and I don't know what to do, I know that racism isn't right and I'm not asking anyone to justify my actions but I don't know how to stop feeling so bad

ReputationRep:
    That is pretty extreme...

That's not to say that she is completely blameless, but I don't need to tell you that your reaction was absurdly obscene and disgusting. That doesn't at all justify what they did, though.

We all have moments of weakness, just apologise to her, explain why you lost it, and try to avoid a further escalation.

ReputationRep:
    When somebody punches you it's your instinct to punch back and although racism is not ok, I really don't think you being made out to be the bad guy in all this is fair. She abused your trust and ruined your relationship and in the heat of the moment you said something you shouldn't because you were trying to make her feel a fraction of the hurt you felt. Not that I'm saying racism is justified but they seem to be forgetting that they were the ones who hurt you first and you didn't say it when you were in a normal state, this shouldn't be turned on you and the cheating swept under the carpet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Considering there are individuals out there who have murdered their ex because of an incident of cheating, I'd say you are towards the lesser end on the scale of extremity.

Apologise and do your best to make it up to her but don't be surprised if your friendship does not recover.

ReputationRep:
    Although I don't condone racism, it was the only thing you could use to get back at her. She's a very sh*t friend to backstab you and get off with your boyfriend. In your defence, the slut asked for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day your the girl who got cheated on and the girl whose a racist. And she's the girl whose a slut and a back stabber cheat and a victim of an assault. He crime got weighed out by the outcome. She paid her dues. Like when you do a crime you go to jail. She done a crime and you assualted and verbally abused her. At the end of the day you are both wrong but especially your boyfriend. Your boyfriend done a crime but you don't do anything to him? Grow some tits, your pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Damn that must be tough on you although the way you acted wasn't right i wouldn't blame you for it, it was a moment of weakness and you were really angry and come on what kind of friend does that seriously she's in the wrong more than you are. Btw have you told any of your friends and what do they think of it you lot sound young are you still in school?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.