Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, anyone is currently doing postgraduate study at Jesus College Cambridge or will start on next October? I'm gonna do my postgraduate study there starting on October 2015 and therefore would really love to know more about the college and its people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feri2014)
    Hi, anyone is currently doing postgraduate study at Jesus College Cambridge or will start on next October? I'm gonna do my postgraduate study there starting on October 2015 and therefore would really love to know more about the college and its people.
    Hi! I will be starting in October as well, but I haven't gotten any email about accommodation preferences. Is it because I haven't met all of my conditions yet? (I've yet to finish my current degree.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meteora123)
    Hi! I will be starting in October as well, but I haven't gotten any email about accommodation preferences. Is it because I haven't met all of my conditions yet? (I've yet to finish my current degree.)
    Hi, When did you receive the college offer? I've got the college offer since January and got an email from the Graduate Secretary after 3 weeks. Got another email last Thursday which includes the information on accommodation. If you just recently received the offer than just wait for a few weeks.

Are you going for master or PhD? In what subject?
    Are you from UK or an international student?

I'm an international student from Indonesia and will do PhD in Engineering. Looking forward to see you there!^^

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!
    I will be in Jesus College for part III of Math Tripos. I'm EU.
    I received the e-mail with the JNet info from the graduate tutor last week. However, I haven't met all the conditions yet. So, don't worry, they will e-mail you soon

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Also got my place at Jesus college, also haven't heard about accommodation yet and also haven't got my degree yet. Any chance it's alphabetical? My surname starts with an S :P I'm a UK student doing a PhD in Pathology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylorSaunders)
    Hello,

Also got my place at Jesus college, also haven't heard about accommodation yet and also haven't got my degree yet. Any chance it's alphabetical? My surname starts with an S :P I'm a UK student doing a PhD in Pathology
    Hello, I guess its only because you guys got the offer recently so they might need some time to sort things out with the administration thingy. No worries, you'll probably get contacted soon. Even the survey for accommodation is due at 15 July so you shouldn't be worried at the moment. Just wait 1 or 2 weeks and if there is no email by then, you might want to make a contact first with the graduate tutor.

ReputationRep:
    Hi All, I was admitted to Jesus, PhD in sociology, and have gotten my e-mail to fill out the survey for room preferences. Though feri2014 is right, we have plenty of time until we are communicated to specifically about room accommodations (in July I think). Coming from Canada.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone check this out?

http://mcr.jesus.cam.ac.uk/#servicesModal4

Not that we can choose our accommodation as it will be allocated for the first year but at least it can give us an idea of the available options.

ReputationRep:
    And there is also a facebook group for Jesus College offer holders 2015 which consist of both undergrads and grads. Please do join if you haven't already!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/367516896753661/

Have you guys fulfilled all the offer conditions?

ReputationRep:
    I have to get a 2:1 in my degree to fulfill the conditions of mine so I reckon I'm sorted for that. I just got the email with all the info. Not sure about the survey for accommodation, the bit where you specify requirements for the single room is a bit vague I'm not sure how it works, rent bands would be easier to work with :P Anyone know what they roughly equate to accommodation-wise?

ReputationRep:
    I just got the email today too. Do low rents just mean smaller room size, or do you get poor/dirty facilities as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meteora123)
    I just got the email today too. Do low rents just mean smaller room size, or do you get poor/dirty facilities as well?
    Not really sure about that..

ReputationRep:
    Thought it might be a good idea to bump this for the 2016/17 cohort.

Anyone starting at Jesus this fall?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.