Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is the official thread for Edexcel IGCSE Geography,
    You can discuss general stuff here.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so stressed about this exam! There are just so many case studies to remember and the exam is 3hrs with exactly a minute per mark so it isn't like you have loads of time to check over answers.

I've just been revising by doing loads of past paper questions and learning some fieldwork techniques but I still feel quite underprepared!

ReputationRep:
    Yea this is a long and a hard paper

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how to answer this question?

"describe how you would collect data in the field to investigate the quality of river water" its 6 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strangerdanger)
    does anyone know how to answer this question?

"describe how you would collect data in the field to investigate the quality of river water" its 6 marks
    by checking the temperature of the river's water because mostly animals live in different temperature of water also for oxidation how much of oxygen is there becuz also animals need oxygen so if it as lil it will probly bad etc.... and ph acidty and the clearity of water and if there was any toxic subsatances and bacertia nurtinets ...

ReputationRep:
    Just pulled an all nighter. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    I'am so unto tally prepared. How do you answer each type of question by mark. Step-by-step. Also i have no idea how to do the practicals as I am homeschoolesed so please someone help I really need to get an A (B resit)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? Please I'am going to panic (

ReputationRep:
    exam in 47 minutes!

ReputationRep:
    The hardest exam ever

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys reckon, how was the exam?

ReputationRep:
    What even was that exam???

ReputationRep:
    Hardest paper ever - hadn't even been taught either of the human fieldworks

ReputationRep:
    I actually found it not too bad, the 9 markers were very nice I though, the 6 markers were a little bit unusual and annoying but the field work with the industrial estate was just ridiculous, apart from that section it was fine.

ReputationRep:
    i dont get how they didnt put river and urban skills. I first thought I was not seeing clearly and checked the paper like 10 times but nothing! I had to do the skills for topics i never even studied, although some questions were quite similar but still!

ReputationRep:
    I found the paper really difficult

ReputationRep:
    I screwed up Section C, i did 7 and 8 lol 6 kids in my class did the same thing

ReputationRep:
    I'm really stressing out here with the fieldwork question. I did the one about hazardous environment and ecosystems. Was I suppose to do those??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123student_123)
    I'm really stressing out here with the fieldwork question. I did the one about hazardous environment and ecosystems. Was I suppose to do those??
    yea

ReputationRep:
    the fieldwork questions were really difficult

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.