Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi basically my parents were together for 25 years but they never got married during this time, but they are no longer which other. I don't know whether to put divorced or separated on my student finance because although they're not legally divorced they basically are now.
    This is how student finance questionnaire describe them:

Divorced/dissolved civil partnership
    If your parent is now living with a new partner, please select 'Living with partner' option above

Separated
    Your parent and their husband, wife or partner aren't divorced but are living separately
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    They would be separated as they never married.

ReputationRep:
    I would phone student finance and ask - but they aren't divorced as they were never married and as they weren't married it's unlikely they have a legal separation document either. I think only the parent you live with will need to supply details but check that by phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parentlurker)
    I would phone student finance and ask - but they aren't divorced as they were never married and as they weren't married it's unlikely they have a legal separation document either. I think only the parent you live with will need to supply details but check that by phone.
    thanks yeah i might have to!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.