Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just wondering how would you structure your paragraphing for the exam. If you have any tips on how to write your answers.

ReputationRep:
    I would do a short intro, then 3-5 PEE's depending on the quality and time you have, then a medium sized (4-5 lines) ending.

ReputationRep:
    For AVFTB;
    Intro, why it is important what has just happened, what happens next
    PEDAL;
    Point - answer the question
    Evidence
    Dramatic Devices
    Analysis - how do the dramatic devices link to the q? why has Miller used them?
    Language

For OMAM;
    Same intro
    PELEC
    Point
    Evidence
    Language
    Explanation
    Context
    Link to another part of the novel

I write about 4 main paragraphs + intro

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't there be context in AVFTB as well though? Like women weren't treated equally blah blah etc..?

Also, what are your predictions for OMAM and AVFTB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbpw)
    Shouldn't there be context in AVFTB as well though? Like women weren't treated equally blah blah etc..?

Also, what are your predictions for OMAM and AVFTB?
    My teacher said you can slot a line or two in but it isn't an AO, might just put a little bit in to be safe

OMAM Curley, AVFTB Alfieri, hopefully they're similar to this

ReputationRep:
    What about predictions for themes? If loneliness and power come up imma ace this b****

ReputationRep:
    What about predictions for themes? If loneliness and power come up imma ace this b****
    So am I
    Hopefully they do, we've focussed so much on them
    Hopefully love or jealousy will come up in AVFTB, or the law

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If power comes up, can I talk about the lack of power shown through some characters?

ReputationRep:
    If power comes up, can I talk about the lack of power shown through some characters?
    I'd do that
    And things like other characters bowing to power shown by other characters
    My teacher said try to find an alternative interpretation of the question because examiners like that apparently

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, one of my problems was answering the question from one point of view, apparently it's best to explore a wide range of opinions etc... what do you reckon??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, one of my problems was answering the question from one point of view, apparently it's best to explore a wide range of opinions etc... what do you reckon??
    I've always set one track and gone with it, but looking over my essays I've done in the past the points seem to cover a wide range of view points, if you can I'd try to do it but I'd focus on answering the question the best you can to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do we talk about part a and b separately or can we combine them into one paragraph?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    Do we talk about part a and b separately or can we combine them into one paragraph?
    Which board are you on?
    I'm on OCR and our teacher has warned us they're two separate questions, and talking about both might not help you get your point across etc. But in OMAM she's said to refer outside of the extract

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessThomas6)
    Which board are you on?
    I'm on OCR and our teacher has warned us they're two separate questions, and talking about both might not help you get your point across etc. But in OMAM she's said to refer outside of the extract
    My board is AQA.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, I'm not sure then, sorry

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.