Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, so I have sat all my as exams and belief I have got C grades and below in all of them, despite getting A grades in class. Particularly in history as I contradicted myself in one of my essays, so will probably get about 5 marks max for that essay, plus my analysis Wasn't very good. All my other subjects I have failed, I know I have becuase I did appallingly on the papers.

Because of the new a levels next year, my sixth form no longer offers resorts and the chance to redo a year. Therefore, I believe my dream of going to a decent uni, if any, are shattered. The grades I think I will get are:

ENGLISH LITERATURE D
    History D
    Psychology C
    Geography E

I did do lots of revision, but I am obviously to stupid for a levels. If I carry on next year, my predicted results will be CDD! THEY PREDICTED THE GRADE YOU GOT AT AS!

Should I just give up and drop out? Am I a failure? My parents think so

ReputationRep:
    Remember that the structure of A levels is changing. It may just be easier to resit certain units you failed at if you're determined to resit e.g if you did worse in a unit in geography that may raise it to a D or a C.. good luck though!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about exams you've already done. I felt the same as you last year and got EEUU. I wouldn't give up on your education though. Is there a college near you? I would suggest trying there if you are still feeling the same on results day. I switched colleges for this year and only took 3 subjects (which is still accepted by unis) and am now predicted ABB. I will never regret redoing the year as I am in a much better place mentally now.
    Don't forget... BTECs are accepted by Unis now too!
    And just out of interest... what exam board did you do for Psychology? Was it AQA?

Good Luck, I'm sure you did much better than expected. Let us know how you got on x

ReputationRep:
    No, it was edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Hey Fungirl16,

I know how insanely pressurising A-levels can be, so it's okay to admit you're struggling. You are not however, a failure by any means.

Your chances of going to a good uni aren't shattered at all- I know of many students who went to uni with a handful of A-levels they didn't even pass. Don't let fear make you slip down that slope of panicking, because it's one slippery slope.

So, you might have messed up a few exams. It's not the end of all things- you're only a failure when you stop trying or caring. Your friends, and even your parents, don't get the right to label you as anything. So pick yourself up, focus on the long term plan and take small steps towards remedying your situation...don't take the grades to heart, especially when they're not certain yet- I got DED (Yes, it did actually spell 'ded') first time round in A-levels, and I've done pretty well for myself.

It's not over yet, not by a long shot

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.