Turn on thread page Beta

Basically my bf is moving in with 2 girls next year , one of whom he is really close to and is on his course. This has already caused rows because she spends more time with him than I do (we're in a LDR) and when I am with him she is in touch constantly , sharing jokes etc. he's told me not to worry but are the odds stacked against me ? He obviously likes her and she's attractive so how do I compete with this girl he is going to see every day ? I've also heard she really like him too and wouldn't be averse to taking things further any advice ?

ReputationRep:
    Nope sorry your time is up. Move on. There do exist guys who love you for who you are, seems like you were a waste of this person's time unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    If you cant trust your boyfriend you shouldn't be with him anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Angsty situation. Bizarrely the best way of holding on to him is to be totally non possessive - counterintuitive but from what I've seen true.

The only other option is to tell him how you feel, what you expect and then trust him. Treat him with love and affection and her with "I know your game "coldness. I guess it's right if you can't trust your partner, if your love isn't enough for them, then it's not for the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Angsty situation. Bizarrely the best way of holding on to him is to be totally non possessive - counterintuitive but from what I've seen true.

The only other option is to tell him how you feel, what you expect and then trust him. Treat him with love and affection and her with "I know your game "coldness. I guess it's right if you can't trust your partner, if your love isn't enough for them, then it's not for the future.
    Yeah that's true treat him like that but give her the glare to show you mean business

ReputationRep:
    He'll probably end up cheating on you. So get out now before you have worse heartache

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Never turns out well, so you should end it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically my bf is moving in with 2 girls next year , one of whom he is really close to and is on his course. This has already caused rows because she spends more time with him than I do (we're in a LDR) and when I am with him she is in touch constantly , sharing jokes etc. he's told me not to worry but are the odds stacked against me ? He obviously likes her and she's attractive so how do I compete with this girl he is going to see every day ? I've also heard she really like him too and wouldn't be averse to taking things further any advice ?
    talk to him about it see if he is open or defensive about it, I live with 2 males and have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, at first he wasn't to happy as although I had no interest in any of them, a few things on there behalf was said! and you know how boys can be! he trusted me, and after a few months became really comfortable and really good friends with the lads! once you have broken that awkward barrier, things may get easier! if you love him and trust him it shouldn't be a problem you will just have to put up with it originally! by talking to him, you will instantly be able to tell what he is thinking, sometimes its just better to take the risk and see what happenes rather than walk away and never know! x

(Original post by ellietaylor73)
    talk to him about it see if he is open or defensive about it, I live with 2 males and have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, at first he wasn't to happy as although I had no interest in any of them, a few things on there behalf was said! and you know how boys can be! he trusted me, and after a few months became really comfortable and really good friends with the lads! once you have broken that awkward barrier, things may get easier! if you love him and trust him it shouldn't be a problem you will just have to put up with it originally! by talking to him, you will instantly be able to tell what he is thinking, sometimes its just better to take the risk and see what happenes rather than walk away and never know! x
    Only just seen this Ellie thank you ! Great that it can work this house sharing thing but it's going to be hard competing with someone there with him day in day out when I can't and she likes him. Guess if he takes up with her it wasn't meant to be anyway 😔 thanks again though

ReputationRep:
    Just takes one cliche "drunk night" and it's all over. I hate to agree with some of the TSR's but i'd say the odds of this working out for you two are very slim.

[QUOTE=C_tinie_D;56120511]Just takes one cliche "drunk night" and it's all over. I hate to agree with some of the TSR's but i'd say the odds of this working out for you two are very slim.[/
    Aaaaargh ..... My worry entirely .... Think we are doomed 😁😁

ReputationRep:
    Just put your self in his shoes, how would you feel?

Although I would tend to agree with the other TSR answerers that it could possibly lead to infidelity, on the other hand he could be honestly telling you that nothing's going to happen...

Another thing to look out for is what your gut is telling you: do you feel like he might cheat? do you feel as if it's just you being paranoid?

Has he cheated before?

There is obviously a significant lack of trust between you though ... which in itself is a red flag.

Choose carefully, because you don't want to end up regretting the decision.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.