Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions as to what will come up?
    I'm doing Hardy poetry , Jekyll and Hyde and Merchant of Venice. Exams tomorrow xD

ReputationRep:
    i am hoping the voice or departure platform or neutral tones comes up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiminin)
    i am hoping the voice or departure neutral tones comes up
    Hopefully' I look into my glass or Pine planters come up. I swear there is nothing to write for departure platform. Hopefully neutral doesn't come up either cos I have no notes for that

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Jekyll and Hyde!!

Hoping it will be the the Carew Murder Case or something from the Last Night!
    i will cry if it's Jekyll's narrative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie98)
    I'm doing Jekyll and Hyde!!

Hoping it will be the the Carew Murder Case or something from the Last Night!
    i will cry if it's Jekyll's narrative
    Last night would be a good chapter because I got that in my mock , but I'll probably do essay question instead of the extract

ReputationRep:
    What is the format of the exam, as in what are the options of questions? I'm doing Jekyll and Hyde and Hardy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spamboy21)
    What is the format of the exam, as in what are the options of questions? I'm doing Jekyll and Hyde and Hardy.
    Extract and essay questions where you use quotes from memory?

ReputationRep:
    But how are they organised in this years? Do they give you the poem for each question and then an extract for only one of J and H?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it? I thought it went okay for me - I had Hardy for poetry and I'm the King of the Castle for prose. I have An Inspector Calls on Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    How did everyone find it? I thought it went okay for me - I had Hardy for poetry and I'm the King of the Castle for prose. I have An Inspector Calls on Friday.
    I did pine planters.

ReputationRep:
    I accidently called Dante Gabriel Rosetti a she instead of a he throughout my poetry essay .Do you think they will penalise marks for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by david7773)
    I accidently called Dante Gabriel Rosetti a she instead of a he throughout my poetry essay .Do you think they will penalise marks for that?
    You did the wrong poems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressedByDay)
    I did pine planters.
    Ah cool, I did Neutral Tones. How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool, I did Neutral Tones. How did you find it?
    Fairly ok , everyone was saying neutral tones was easier , but I literally had no notes for it.

ReputationRep:
    Fairly ok , everyone was saying neutral tones was easier , but I literally had no notes for it.
    Yeah it depends on each person, I went over Neutral Tones more than Pine Planters so I decided to just stick with that

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it depends on each person, I went over Neutral Tones more than Pine Planters so I decided to just stick with that
    I don't think I did too great, realistically, because igcse grade boundaries are normally high so.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I did too great, realistically, because igcse grade boundaries are normally high so.
    I think I did okay overall but yeah I'm really worried because of the high grade boundaries Also at least there's 25% coursework so I'm hoping that will bring up my grade.

ReputationRep:
    I think I did okay overall but yeah I'm really worried because of the high grade boundaries Also at least there's 25% coursework so I'm hoping that will bring up my grade.
    I didn't include any structure for my prose essay so I'll lose 25%

ReputationRep:
    Hey for Neutral Tones, were you supposed to compare it with another poem??

ReputationRep:
    I didn't include any structure for my prose essay so I'll lose 25%
    What do you mean by structure? I thought we only had to write about that for poetry, my teacher never mentioned this before...

(Original post by Greg Lewis)
    Hey for Neutral Tones, were you supposed to compare it with another poem??
    You could compare it to other Hardy poems with similar themes but obviously you don't have to. I didn't because I couldn't remember which poem to compare it with.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 22, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.