Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, i have a small dilemma, i bought this new top which kinda hangs down to my hip at the back (though up to collarbone at the front). Wearing a normal bra looks kinda funny as u can see all the straps at the back, wearing a bikini is slightly better....... does anyone know of anything else i could do?! boob tape of some sort?! i dunno, thanks for any replies!

ReputationRep:
    I just wore a very low cut and low backed dress for NYE.

I have a large chest and have tried those stick-on bras, they don't hold me up.

So I went to the drug store and bought medical tape (it's cloth tape) and double-stick tape. I taped my boobs up by putting tape underneath and pulling the boob up. Then I taped my boobs to the dress with the double stick tape so nothing would shift. It worked great! I will be using that trick from now on when I don't want to or can't wear a bra.

ReputationRep:
    How about those bras with the clear-plastic back and straps, I personally don't like them as I find the plastic digs in or gets a bit "sticky" against skin, but they are near invisible in the dark(i presume it is a top for parties clubs etc?), and less fuss than trying to sellotape everything in place.

ReputationRep:
    You could try a strapless, backless bra from any of these sites

As shady lane said, they might not work but worth a try perhaps

ReputationRep:
    Dunno what your budget is, but I've found this has been a worthwhile investment:

http://www.wonderbra.co.uk/index2.php - £26

*Link doesn't seem to go directly; go to Effects, then Plunging, then View Range. I bought the Multi-Plunge.

There are also similar bras in this range. I bought this bra specifically for a dress that runs very low between my breasts; but I'm a 32E so I can't do braless and scared of boob tape (!). This bra does *everything*. You can move the straps all round the bra, from between the cups to the join at the back. It comes with a backless strap adaptor and a special halterneck strap, as well as regular adjustable straps. Plus being Wonderbra it's good quality. Frankly, I love it, I can wear it with absolutely *anything* and still have a good bust shape and support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shady lane)
    So I went to the drug store and bought medical tape (it's cloth tape) and double-stick tape. I taped my boobs up by putting tape underneath and pulling the boob up. Then I taped my boobs to the dress with the double stick tape so nothing would shift. It worked great! I will be using that trick from now on when I don't want to or can't wear a bra.
    Zomg, doesn't that hurt? :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    I've got a bra and the only meterial is the cup bits which are black. The bit in the middle, the straps and the back are all diamanta. Stay on perfectly just like a normal bra and just looks sparkly so goes with all dresses Got it from debenhams. Was about £30 but well worth the investment...I use it all the time with funny shaped dresses and tops

EDIT: Found this one. Same make as the one I have, but can't work out if this has diamanta along the back as well like mine does. http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...9039_181368_-1 Also if you check out figleaves it has just a frontless one and also one with diamante on the back but a halterneck black strap, so all depends on the style if your dress. ATM I can't find the one thats frontless, strapless and backless...

ReputationRep:
    I seem to be the only one that thinks so, but couldn't you go without one?

ReputationRep:
    She could do, depends how big her boobs are as to how it would look I suppose. Personally I don't feel too comfortable not wearing a bra with an outfit. If I had to go without, I would but would much prefer some support rather than none.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazarina88)
    She could do, depends how big her boobs are as to how it would look I suppose.
    Agreed. My mum has ardently taught me bra rules all my adolescent life as all the women in my family are big busted. If you're above a B/C and your breasts aren't fake, do not leave the house without a bra. It doesn't matter how wonderful they are, it's just not a good idea if they're on the large size.

However if she's not very busty and is comfortable without a bra, then go for it.
    Personally, even if my breasts were smaller, I wouldn't be comfortable without a bra just cos it makes me feel naked

ReputationRep:
    i have DD/E boobs, so there is no way on earth i can go without a bra, cos they just aren't supported on their own! its really annoying tho cos i love the pretty going out tops atm that have a huge plunge at the front of are backless, but i cant wear them cos i need a bra, and those stick on ones are useless. i might give that wonderbra multi plunge a try tho, or maybe one with a plastic back strap cos i really want some pretty tops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e_clark)
    i have DD/E boobs, so there is no way on earth i can go without a bra, cos they just aren't supported on their own! its really annoying tho cos i love the pretty going out tops atm that have a huge plunge at the front of are backless, but i cant wear them cos i need a bra, and those stick on ones are useless. i might give that wonderbra multi plunge a try tho, or maybe one with a plastic back strap cos i really want some pretty tops!
    Go for it!

Sorry but I feel your bra-less pain and am rejoicing in my new found world of backless tops.

ReputationRep:
    Wear it without a bra? :dontknow:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2007
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.