Turn on thread page Beta

Zurich explains Bundesliga culture & explains which German club you should support... watch

ReputationRep:
    I will do this in terms of fans and try to make comparisons to English clubs when possible.

Bayern:Man Utd. *but Munich is really nice for a holiday, whereas Manchester is not*

Schalke fans: I have been to the Veltins Arena for a game vs Eintract and also seen their away fans at Arsenal. Yes, noisy and very nice fan culture. But somehow they are 'Chav'. There is a typical Schalker, and when you go to gelsenkirchen you will see

BVB: Somehow nicer even though the fanbase is the same as Schalke. But the BVB fans are somehow more self-deprecating.

A guy who supported Essen made this point; A Schalke fans will find a euro on the floor will start partying and saying ''only a Schalke could find it'' whereas a BVB fan will pick it up and put it in his back pocket, ''i'll buy you a beer when we win'' :laugh:

To be a Schalke fan is to be an optimist, but also to be somehow arrogant

When you make a joke about Schalke, they take it seriosuly. I think they are like Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Eintract:

Best fans. Frankfurt itself is not really a working class city and most Eintract fans live in suburbs. But these guys know that Eintract will never win **** so they have a few beers and party. Best atmosphere Ive seen but Frankfiurt is a really really bad city for visiting. Like Newcastle, everyone loves them.

Stuttgart:

Really posh but very very loyal actually. Not that nice. When they do well they come out of their shell.....Liverpool

Hertha:

It's Berlin so the humour is what you come for. Hertha are never going to do anything and that's the Joke. Sometimes they sing ''deutsche meister''. Very very nice fans, but if you want a Berlin team I would support Union Berlin. Hertha are like Everton

ReputationRep:
    Wolfsburg: Yeah so you work for VW or you're a really really boring guy. No history. Chelsea.

monchengladbach: Small city with but alot of humour. Big big team for the 1970s when they were really big but since then lower BuLi. Recently qualified for the CL but they will take every loss with humour. Really really nice fans, like Villa. You cant hate them

ReputationRep:
    Hamburg: *I hate them, Ive met some of their fans and they are ****** * Everyone loves them, they come from a fun City. But they havent done anything in 20 years, almost as bad as Schalke. But the fabase is huuuuuge and they have potential. EVERYONE wants them to do well but they struggle. Like West Ham.*

ReputationRep:
    1860: You're from Munich. You have a sense of humour and your lip quivers when you hear about Allianz. C.Palace.

ReputationRep:
    Nurnberg FC: NOT Bavarian.......

Average fans. Have a love afair with Schalke and nobody knows why.... They had some success in the 1960s but nobody cares/ Spurs

ReputationRep:
    Got bored of these blonde german models you've been pulling then? #bullshinemerchant

ReputationRep:
    Werder Bremen:

Historical team but somehow their fans seem *dead*. Bremen hans are very friendly but they seem to have no hope and they're from the North. Sunderland.

ReputationRep:
    Mainz:

Party city. A Mainz fan is very proud but theyve never done anything really. Leeds Utd.

ReputationRep:
    Hoffenheim: Plastic success Chelsea, but not quite with the Far-Fight fans

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal are a combi. of Hertha and HSV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Arsenal are a combi. of Hertha and HSV.
    Nice stadium, but don't win anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Nice stadium, but don't win anything?
    Everyone respects them, nice stadium and underachievers.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone respects them, nice stadium and underachievers.
    Bottlers, deluded level of appreciation from other fanbases.

ReputationRep:
    I thought everybody hated HSV? at least the bayern fans I know do

ReputationRep:
    Forever Schalke; best stadium, best fans, third best club.

To be anti-Schalke is to be anti-Football.

ReputationRep:
    Wolfsburg: Yeah so you work for VW or you're a really really boring guy. No history. Chelsea.

monchengladbach: Small city with but alot of humour. Big big team for the 1970s when they were really big but since then lower BuLi. Recently qualified for the CL but they will take every loss with humour. Really really nice fans, like Villa. You cant hate them
    Was waiting for Wolfsburg tbh.

You forgot most likely to be successful despite being underdogs to the giant spending juggernaut that is Bayern Munich. Didn't you say that you'd rather Wolfsburg win the title than Bayern? Does that mean you're happy Chelsea won it over United, considering how up against it we were against the financial powerhouses of United and Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Got bored of these blonde german models you've been pulling then? #bullshinemerchant
    #Epicbantz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxbradkennedyxx)
    I thought everybody hated HSV? at least the bayern fans I know do
    No, everyone hates Bayern.

ReputationRep:
    1860: You're from Munich. You have a sense of humour and your lip quivers when you hear about Allianz. C.Palace.
    Like this

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 20, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.