Turn on thread page Beta

i invited this girl on a night out in manchester because she kept giving hints that she wants to come out (ohhhhh but my friends are busy, i was looking forward to coming out tonight) blah blah

anyway i quite like(d) this girl, so we went on the night out and for a while it was just us 2 (there was supposed to be more coming but they bailed)

sooo my mate who knows her as well came out later on, and she started talking to him more than me, and maybe i was paranoid because i was drunk at this point but i said do you like my friend, why didnt you just ask him on a night out instead of coming with me

she goes mental and slaps me in the face...started getting hostile with me and then she ends up going back to his house, which sort of backed up my point of why she wanted me there and proves she does like him..

just to be clear i have got with her before so its not a 'she just wants to be friends' type scenario

im quite annoyed because i did buy her a few drinks and we did get along up until that point!

what does she want? and do you think she was right to kick off like that? because frankly i think its ridiculous...?

i dont know whether i should text her or just leave it and see if she texts me and explains herself!?

ReputationRep:
    ooh the "having to explain yourself after sobering up" phase. well you know what drink does to you now don't you?

ReputationRep:
    Cut her out of your life, seriously. Don't need to be dealing with girls like that man.

(Original post by ArundelRanger)
    Cut her out of your life, seriously. Don't need to be dealing with girls like that man.
    the thing is mate i did actually think she was a nice girl, we genuinely have been getting along for months and did on the night out up until that point. :/

it was pretty humiliating seen as how she slapped me right in the middle of the dance floor, in one of the busiest nightclubs :mad:

shes just text me asking if im hungover... as if nothing happened. seriously WTF?

oh, it was also my birthday a few nights ago so it was nice timing of her to do it a few days after my 21st.. god i feel sick

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    ooh the "having to explain yourself after sobering up" phase. well you know what drink does to you now don't you?
    you mean she explaining herself or me?

i dont think she can blame it on drink to be honest, she was pretty hostile when we were walking out the club, i was trying to make sure she got home safe, she was telling me to **** off etc

i dont even get why she keeps texting me, shes really beginning to mess with my head now

ReputationRep:
    Ignore her and move on. Maybe warn your friend too?

ReputationRep:
    ***** slap her in the face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    the thing is mate i did actually think she was a nice girl, we genuinely have been getting along for months and did on the night out up until that point. :/

it was pretty humiliating seen as how she slapped me right in the middle of the dance floor, in one of the busiest nightclubs :mad:

shes just text me asking if im hungover... as if nothing happened. seriously WTF?

oh, it was also my birthday a few nights ago so it was nice timing of her to do it a few days after my 21st.. god i feel sick
    Maybe she's having a mood swing, time of the month thing, personal issue(s), whatever etc. But you said it yourself, it is ridiculous behaviour. It's up to you if you want to tolerate it and see if something can be worked out but you are going to have to ask yourself how much is she really worth it. On present evidence, I personally would tell her to **** off. Good luck either way.

ReputationRep:
    She shouldn't have slapped you, you shouldn't have felt entitled to anything based on buying her drinks. Live, learn and learn a bit more tact.

update; back talking to her again, simply couldn't resist.. she has me wrapped round her little finger :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sounds like what I do when my significant other is in trouble.
    She might really like you, and got defensive. I know I have at times even sober.

(Original post by grapes12)
    Sounds like what I do when my significant other is in trouble.
    She might really like you, and got defensive. I know I have at times even sober.
    we've been texting literally every day since about march, she must think about me quite a bit

she said she was angry with herself for some reason last night :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.