Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I am interested in Special Education Inclusion Needs which is being taught with Deaf Studies at Wolvo Uni and really want to do that starting in Sept 2016 (hopefully). Problem is, there isn't many Unis that offer SEN degrees (based in the UK) so Wolvo is the only one that I can find that has the degree there. Thing is, we've got to apply to 5 unis.

I have been thinking about applying for Psychology Counselling, which is popular among the Unis here. And thought that I coul apply for psychology counselling in the other 4 unis and apply for SEN at wolvo.

Is this possible? and how would I write up the Personal Statement without sounding biased, rather make it sound like I'm interested in both equally -but then that would make me sound unkeen :/ What can I do?

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to use up all five choices with UCAS and you can apply to different courses at the same university. I only used two choices, applied for two courses at Sussex and had offers for both, of which I accepted one. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheeples)
    You don't need to use up all five choices with UCAS and you can apply to different courses at the same university. I only used two choices, applied for two courses at Sussex and had offers for both, of which I accepted one. Hope that helps.
    Hi! I really appreciate your reply thank you

May I ask you a question :albertein: What if I applied for 3 degrees in the same uni, and 2 of them are in the same department?

:bee2:

ReputationRep:
    I think you'd need to talk to the university and see what they say

ReputationRep:
    I doubt a University would care if you applied for multiple courses they are running. Just keep in mind that it may be hard to write a personal statement that is appropriate for multiple different courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheeples)
    I think you'd need to talk to the university and see what they say
    I'm so scared to talk to them! Lol, we'll see tho, thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark8346)
    I doubt a University would care if you applied for multiple courses they are running. Just keep in mind that it may be hard to write a personal statement that is appropriate for multiple different courses.
    Hello Mark, thank you. I am aware of the struggle it may cause when applying to different courses, any suggestions on what I could include/write or how to write this without making it too much about one course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beee17)
    I'm so scared to talk to them! Lol, we'll see tho, thank you very much
    There should be a specific email address for admissions questions at the unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammichealjackson)
    There should be a specific email address for admissions questions at the unis

Heyy there! thanks for that, I have been emailing someone some time ago, can't remember when tho, but will email them again now

ReputationRep:
    You can always ask if you're able to send a second, more focused PS. Universities with rare courses are typically pretty forgiving of slightly general PS' as they know you apply to five universities.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 21, 2015

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.