Turn on thread page Beta

Glandular fever and hair coming out watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently getting over glandular fever. I didn't get the classic symptoms; it was revealed through a blood test.
    Back in feb (before I knew about my GF but I would likely have had it at this time) I noticed my hair was coming out. Around this time I also got vertigo and I lost some weight (I'm already slim so this brought me down quite a lot) I started taking a million and one supplements but none stopped it.
    Now it's not quite as bad as before but there's still more coming out than there should be. The loss is even, and my hair has started looking thinner but luckily I had a good head of hair to begin with so it's not very noticeable.
    Also, my weight is slowly coming back. I know extreme weight loss can make your hair fall out and whilst I probably only lost 7lbs I'm already thin so it would have been more stressful for my body.
    My hairdresser said my hair is coming back because I have lots of baby hairs and I've been using Nioxin shampoo, cond, and hair treatment for the last 4 weeks. Whilst it's good that my hair is coming back I still feel like a lot is falling out

Ha anyone else experienced this? What did you do? How long did it take to stop?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.