The Student Room Group

Retaking A2 year next year

So I will probably end up with an ACC, I need ABB.
What are my options? Can you take a year out and redo some modules? I know A levels are changing next year, would this affect it? You would only need 1 year out, correct?

Thanks for the help, if you need any more info just give me a shout and I'll respond ASAP.
Original post by AnswerThis
What are my options? Can you take a year out and redo some modules? I know A levels are changing next year, would this affect it? You would only need 1 year out, correct?

Thanks for the help, if you need any more info just give me a shout and I'll respond ASAP.

You would need to discuss your retake options with someone at your school- your exams officer will probably be best informed, but your head of sixth or someone else will probably be able to advise you as well.

In the past, retaking A2 modules would have only required one year out.

However, if you do end up with ACC, it's possible that your uni may use their discretion and still accept you on results day :h:
Reply 2
I'm re-taking my A2's this year, and it's possible to only certain modules but I opted to retake all of them (for some reason...) I only took one year out, even if you're resting AS exams as well you can do it in one year.

Although I have to say I don't know how the changes will affect it, maybe talk to your exams officer?
You can still retake.
I will give you my reasons.
You started your A levels in September 2013, I started mine in September 2014 , so we are both doing the same syllabus, which means in September 2015 I will be doing the same exams are you're currently doing.
Reply 4
Original post by sonakaderi123
You can still retake.
I will give you my reasons.
You started your A levels in September 2013, I started mine in September 2014 , so we are both doing the same syllabus, which means in September 2015 I will be doing the same exams are you're currently doing.

Thought we much.so you will be unable to retake or will they run some kind of legacy exam scheme?
Thought we much.so you will be unable to retake or will they run some kind of legacy exam scheme?

When they say " you cannot retake" it really means you cannot attend lessons, of course you can resist the exams. Because there are still going to be students to do the exam syllabus which has started a year after yours.

The new syllabus will be introduced in September 2015, so everyone staring their A levels then will be doing different exams to us.
Reply 6
Yes. But what about the people who are currently in year12, will they be able to retake their year 13 exams in 2017?
Yes. But what about the people who are currently in year12, will they be able to retake their year 13 exams in 2017?

I doubt it, because they ofcially starting the changes in year 2015.
(edited 8 years ago)

How did you do? are you still considering retaking your exams?
Reply 9
Original post by thelizzister
How did you do? are you still considering retaking your exams?

I ended up with ABC (one of a B in the C). I also took physics but I'm not throwing that result in as it's ****. The B was in general studies... I could have done well in physics but I really spent the two years pissing about.

I've decided (after a lot of thought) that I will go to a mid-league uni (not my firm, unfortunately) and take a post-graduate masters course at a "name brand" uni (anything near the top). I'm very interested in my subject but the A levels I took I didn't really care for for the most part (minus the A i got, which was almost an A* (also with little revision)).

But overal, I hated A levels and didn't try for ****.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending