Book Driving test without instructor

Watch
BORLAND95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys I've had like 23 hours of lessons in Deffinetly not the best driver but I can do everything reasnobile and I haven't stalled since the 7th lesson I feel like just giving the test a bash but I don't think my instructor would let me but I feel like it's dragging on abit especially when I see some of the people that can drive, the only stuff I need to improve is my manoeuvres, do you need to nail the manoeuvres to pass the test ?
CautiousCat
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BORLAND95)
Hey guys I've had like 23 hours of lessons in Deffinetly not the best driver but I can do everything reasnobile and I haven't stalled since the 7th lesson I feel like just giving the test a bash but I don't think my instructor would let me but I feel like it's dragging on abit especially when I see some of the people that can drive, the only stuff I need to improve is my manoeuvres, do you need to nail the manoeuvres to pass the test ?
Hard to say. I hated the parallel park and got it on my test. Although I corrected my mistake so I passed. I think if you can do them to a decent standard without failing( rolling on the curb etc) then go for it. Good luck!
BORLAND95
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by CautiousCat)
Hard to say. I hated the parallel park and got it on my test. Although I corrected my mistake so I passed. I think if you can do them to a decent standard without failing( rolling on the curb etc) then go for it. Good luck!
Thank you ! Is the test hard ? I've heard it's very easy but you could do something stupid and just fail in the matter of seconds ?
charmedlassie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you have a car you can take the test in?
You just need to show that you are a safe and competent driver that understands the road.

Not stalling isn't really that big of a deal nor does it show you're a good driver, you can even stall on your test and still pass as long as you correct it in good time.

If you feel ready then go for it but being able to manoeuvres well is important.
You could always ask your instructor for a mock test? Usually they just give you instructions like a examinor would without any guidance and then tell you at the end if it would have been a pass or not that way it will give you a clue as to whether you're actually ready for a real test.
CautiousCat
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BORLAND95)
Thank you ! Is the test hard ? I've heard it's very easy but you could do something stupid and just fail in the matter of seconds ?
The test was very easy. It's nothing like your lessons as you have no grief, however, you have to be constantly checking mirrors and driving overly safe to ensure you don't get a major. A friend of mine failed for hitting the curb when he got asked to pull over and failed for it, however, I did the same and didn't even get a minor so I'm wondering if she just didn't feel it. Either way be very careful but apart from that just drive how you've been talk and also talk to the examiner, they enjoy a chat as their jobs I can imagine are stressful. It also puts you at ease and trust me, the test goes very fast! Good luck mate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (653)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (823)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.47%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.48%

Watched Threads