The Student Room Group

Of Mice and Men

I am going to be having my exams tomorrow (Monday 18th May 2015) and its for 'Of Mice and Men' and also 'Unseen Poetry'

Of Mice and Men: In the Exam Would you have to focus on little characters such as Carlson, Whit and also Curley?

Unseen Poetry: How do you do a paragraph about structure?I struggle so much with it because I have no clue what to write and if i do eg, stanzas then I just write anything about it....like what does it mean? :mad:

Help? Thank you:biggrin:
you can put tone in with the structure and rhythm
I hope they don't put the minor characters in because it's extremely hard to think of quotes for them & actually write about them.

Also for form & structure you'll need to learn different types of poems e.g sonnets and iambic pentameter and be able to identify them. Short stanzas / short lines represent quickening of pace, long represent slowing the pace. The poet wants the reader to slow down/speed up reading to represent how something's important/unimportant (either to the characters in the poem or to society in that era, although it's not usually known when the poems are written I don't think).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending