Lucas_Wojtysiak
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi. I'm going to college this September to study chemistry, biology, physics and maths. My dream is to study medicine or chemistry at university. I heard that almost all universities have critical thinking test and my college says that it is a good subject if someone is wishing to study medicine etc.

I'm unsure whenever I should take critical thinking or not. I'm scared that if I take it, I will have to spend more time on it and it will negatively affect my other grades. Is anyone is a similar situation? And can someone give me advice whenever I should take it or not. Thanks
Neuth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lucas_Wojtysiak)
Hi. I'm going to college this September to study chemistry, biology, physics and maths. My dream is to study medicine or chemistry at university. I heard that almost all universities have critical thinking test and my college says that it is a good subject if someone is wishing to study medicine etc.

I'm unsure whenever I should take critical thinking or not. I'm scared that if I take it, I will have to spend more time on it and it will negatively affect my other grades. Is anyone is a similar situation? And can someone give me advice whenever I should take it or not. Thanks
:hi:

Nice subject choices - I do Chem/Bio/Maths and they're lovely

Some of my friends do Critical Thinking, and I would say that none of them spend much time on it at all and still do amazingly well in it, so I don't think you should worry about it affecting your other grades :yep:

It's another qualification, and would help you, so why not?
Kieranoo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you get the choice I would avoid it. We didn't get the choice to do it at our sixth form we just had to do it and everyone hates it, especially science/mathsy people like us. If you look at most uni entry requirements it says specifically 'we do not accept critical thinking'. Just stick to those a levels and you'll be fine
VetVikki
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lucas_Wojtysiak)

This was the exact reason I decided to take CT and I hate it - it's my most dreaded hour of the week
I honestly don't feel it has really helped me as my teacher isn't great and it forces you to think in a certain way, not thinking critically in a variety of different ways IMO. That said there's not much content and if you can get the hang of it, I imagine it's pretty easy.

As for spending more time on it, I take bio chem maths and french and spent maybe half a day on unit 1 and unit 2 is tomorrow, starting revision today however I'm not holding out much hope for an A - it's difficult to get one even doing revision

Maybe start it and then drop if you don't like it (wish I'd done that) - our class started out at 32 and is now 12
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (33)
7.38%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (263)
58.84%
No (151)
33.78%

Watched Threads