The Student Room Group

MSc International Marketing - Which university is the best for it?

I have confirm place in University of Strathclyde and University of Sheffield. can someone please advise me if what they think which one is better choice. Thank you
Reply 1
I am not familiar with Sheff, but Strathclyde MSc Marketing has a good reputation for course syllabus, teaching, learning methods, value for money, concentrations, consulting project (see various rankings FT, Guardian). It is an established course for many years and the B-School is good.
Reply 2
Original post by khuram18
I have confirm place in University of Strathclyde and University of Sheffield. can someone please advise me if what they think which one is better choice. Thank you

Definitely Strathclyde. As a university it is not that well known or reputable but the B-School and the Marketing courses specifically are very well regarded and recognized.
Reply 3
I am holding an offer to Strath as well but I am torn between them and Durham, from which I also have an offer. Durham as an uni is quite traditional and respected; furthermore, the B-School is growing in reputation. But I can't seem to find anything regarding their Marketing course... does anyone have thoughts?
Durham has a great overall rep but for marketing their new dept only took form in 2014 - I would go for Strathclyde, any company worth their weight will regard Strathclyde as having a leading marketing department.
Durham > Strathclyde > Sheffield
Durham is better business school and brand name than Strathclyde, although I agree the msc in marketing at Strathclyde is more established.
Reply 6
Original post by resdes
Durham has a great overall rep but for marketing their new dept only took form in 2014 - I would go for Strathclyde, any company worth their weight will regard Strathclyde as having a leading marketing department.

I have read about a lot of students being dissatisfied with Strath's Marketing masters, unfortunately. Although they are opening a new B-school this year and their MBA is regarded as one of the best in the country, I don't know what's happening to the department of mkt itself. Durham's one is newly re-structured but it seems like it's going somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending