The Student Room Group

Question for (some) vegetarians

Answer this question only if you fulfill the following criteria pls:

- You believe that the life of an animal is of the same value as that of a human's

- You believe that eating meat is selfish

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you were stranded in some place and the only way you could survive was to eat a chicken, would you eat it? (Btw, you wouldn't just die after eating the chicken, it would buy you enough time to make the journey to civilisation)

I hope that most vegetarians that answer this would say that they would rather die than kill a chicken for their own gain and I respect that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
No veggies that fulfill the criteria then?...
I would die, sorry.
Reply 3
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I would die, sorry.

Do you mean that you would eat the chicken because you would die or that you would allow yourself to die?
Original post by Protégé
Do you mean that you would eat the chicken because you would die or that you would allow yourself to die?

I would allow myself to die, I don't think I could kill a chicken. It sounds worlds apart from your train of thought and I get that but I honestly wouldn't kill the chicken.
I'm sure there are some leaves around somewhere...:tongue:
Reply 6
I think at the point of starvation (not just feeling a little peckish), there aren't many humans that would willingly let themselves die. It's pretty painful starving to death.
Reply 7
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I would allow myself to die, I don't think I could kill a chicken. It sounds worlds apart from your train of thought and I get that but I honestly wouldn't kill the chicken.

That's not worlds apart from my train of thought, I share similar beliefs. I mean, I'm not a vegetarian but I would rather die than kill an innocent for my life to continue.
I do believe that human life and the life of animals deserved to be valued equally! I feel as though we've been "taught" as though humans are superior and have the right to use animals, I do not believe we have the right to an animals fate.

About the chicken thing - I definitely would not eat the chicken as it would be going completely against everything I believe in when it comes to vegetarianism and speciesism :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
What has the chicken been eating all this time? Maybe I'll have some of that.
Reply 10
Original post by danielle46
I do believe that human life and the life of animals deserved to be valued equally! I feel as though we've been "taught" as though humans are superior and have the right to use animals, I do not believe we have the right to an animals fate.

About the chicken thing - I definitely would not eat the chicken as it oils be going completely against everything I believe in when it comes to vegetarianism and speciesism :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:h:

Original post by XMaramena
What has the chicken been eating all this time? Maybe I'll have some of that.

It's been fed chopped up chicken.
Reply 11
So you would eat the Chickens food, allowing it to die of starvation:rolleyes:
Original post by Protégé
That's not worlds apart from my train of thought, I share similar beliefs. I mean, I'm not a vegetarian but I would rather die than kill an innocent for my life to continue.

I have just seem awful, horrible, disgusting videos of animals being killed in slaughterhouses and it was enough to never touch meat again, I have forgotten the taste of it honestly. They are innocent lives and there is no need to hurt them like that just for human consumption, it is very selfish and disgusting. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending