S_Burns98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How much do you need to write for both sections a and b on of mice and men. Would really like a high grade in english lit but often run out of time - starting to panic a bit as the exam is tomorrow.
username1373182
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For Part A, you are limited to what the passage gives you. You could have a great passage, you could have a terrible one. For Part A, I usually write about 1-1.5 pages.

For part B, depending on the question (One I did the other day was about Hierarchy on the ranch) I wrote about 3 pages for it.
S_Burns98
Rep:
?
(Original post by abrack)
For Part A, you are limited to what the passage gives you. You could have a great passage, you could have a terrible one. For Part A, I usually write about 1-1.5 pages.

For part B, depending on the question (One I did the other day was about Hierarchy on the ranch) I wrote about 3 pages for it.

Thank you!
K_C
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When answering the of mice and men question what does it actually mean when it says "what methods does Steinbeck use"?
manishahjee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone can help me how to answer question on kindertransport?
How does Samuels shape the ending to act 1 and how effective do you find this ending?
Lastly
What methods does Steinbeck use to present curleys wife and the attitudes of others to her.
S_Burns98
Rep:
?
(Original post by K_C)
When answering the of mice and men question what does it actually mean when it says "what methods does Steinbeck use"?
The question is asking what techniques is Steinbeck using to get a particular reaction from the reader or to portray his messagel.

Methods include Structure, language, imagery etc.
Basically all the techniques at Steinbeck's disposal as a writer, that he can use portray his message.

I hope thats helpful and good luck for tomorrow!
K_C
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you, that has helped me a lot 😃😃
K_C
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by S_Burns98)
The question is asking what techniques is Steinbeck using to get a particular reaction from the reader or to portray his messagel.

Methods include Structure, language, imagery etc.
Basically all the techniques at Steinbeck's disposal as a writer, that he can use portray his message.

I hope thats helpful and good luck for tomorrow!
Thank you 😃
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (14)
11.76%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (29)
24.37%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (52)
43.7%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
16.81%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.36%

Watched Threads