The Student Room Group

2 A levels and 1 btec

Which Russell group uni in London accept A levels in maths and chemistry and a Btec?
Maybe King's College will take you in warmly, otherwise UClL will want 3 A levels and a BTEC
Original post by Bobjim12
Maybe King's College will take you in warmly, otherwise UClL will want 3 A levels and a BTEC

All the courses at Kings say they are reviewing btec entry for 2016, is there a way i can see the older entry requirements?

What courses would Kings allow me to go on? Not sure what btec I would do atm
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
All the courses at Kings say they are reviewing btec entry for 2016, is there a way i can see the older entry requirements?

What courses would Kings allow me to go on? Not sure what btec I would do atm

Courses that require Chemistry/Maths with the other a preferred, so possibly chemistry and chemistry related courses, did you have a course in mind?

You can always email them on their previous policies on BTECs.
Courses that require Chemistry/Maths with the other a preferred, so possibly chemistry and chemistry related courses, did you have a course in mind?

You can always email them on their previous policies on BTECs.

I don't have a course in mind anymore, I did want to do economics or engineering but if I drop physics, that's out of reach. If I did go on with this option, I would probably study Chemistry or Maths at Kings.

What about Queen Mary? I couldn't find anything on their website but you might know something :smile:
I don't have a course in mind anymore, I did want to do economics or engineering but if I drop physics, that's out of reach. If I did go on with this option, I would probably study Chemistry or Maths at Kings.

What about Queen Mary? I couldn't find anything on their website but you might know something :smile:

Well, for some reason their website isn't loading so i haven't a clue about qmu.

Why do you want to drop Physics? Physics would considerably open your options (in fact those 3 is probably the 2nd best choice of A levels). Now i agree, Physics can be difficult for most, but a BTEC is a lot of unnecessary work throughout the year that doesn't add much to your application in the end for Russel groups.
Well, for some reason their website isn't loading so i haven't a clue about qmu.

Why do you want to drop Physics? Physics would considerably open your options (in fact those 3 is probably the 2nd best choice of A levels). Now i agree, Physics can be difficult for most, but a BTEC is a lot of unnecessary work throughout the year that doesn't add much to your application in the end for Russel groups.

Ahh I'll try emailing them another time, thanks for trying.

Physics is quite tough, and I agree it's worth way more than a BTEC but I would assume a well done BTEC is better than a bad result in an A level. But I'm gonna try for physics and see if I can pull off a B :smile:
Ahh I'll try emailing them another time, thanks for trying.

Physics is quite tough, and I agree it's worth way more than a BTEC but I would assume a well done BTEC is better than a bad result in an A level. But I'm gonna try for physics and see if I can pull off a B :smile:

If you can get a b in physics and As in the others that would be a good set of grades :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest