The Student Room Group

Leaving EE but which network is is worth going too...

Hi all,

I have been with Orange (now EE) for about 8 years and the service is horrific to be fair; they don't reward loyalty and their customer service is bad (they overcharged me £200 on a bill and took 4 months to give it back)...

I have started a new job recently and unlucky for me EE is the only network that does not work in the area I work at (I don't need my phone at work, but lunchtime or if I am going out for a drink afterwork I need it)...

Anyway I was thinking of Vodafone or 02? Which one is better in your opinion? I go abroad a few times a year and EE abroad was quite good, are the other networks the same?

Thanks for your input in advance

Scroll to see replies

I personally think o2 are the best, I loved the Priority Moments app and the network's generally quite good :biggrin:. I'm with EE now, and I'm hating it. I'm going back to o2 as soon as this contract's up.

Too bawse for you, sir.
Reply 2
if you go abroad a lot, three might be good

But depends if signal is good where you live :smile:
Reply 3
o2 is good, but also check out www.giffgaff.com - they're great (they use the o2 signal so you will get signal).
--
Oh it should be noted that o2 raise the prices on your contracts sometimes (during your contract). They're never too drastic though, I'm sure mine only went up by about 20pence this year.
(edited 8 years ago)
If not EE, O2
I'm with O2 and honestly? I miss EE... they always let me go over my internet allowance but O2 is super-stingy :unimpressed:
Reply 6
If you are done with EE, move gradually to EF and then if you are ready for the leap FF
Don't go with vodafone. They're the reason Ovivo shut down.

I'm with 3 at the moment, but then I'm on PAYG, which I'm guessing you don't want to do.
Reply 8
Original post by Jitesh
if you go abroad a lot, three might be good

But depends if signal is good where you live :smile:

Original post by brittanna
Don't go with vodafone. They're the reason Ovivo shut down.

I'm with 3 at the moment, but then I'm on PAYG, which I'm guessing you don't want to do.

3 doesn't work very well in my area unfortunately but thanks for you're input, it is greatly appreciated
Reply 9
Original post by + polarity -
I'm with O2 and honestly? I miss EE... they always let me go over my internet allowance but O2 is super-stingy :unimpressed:

I have 20Gb of data with EE which is meant to be 10GB pay for and 10GB for free.... haha they fooled me proper with that one!
So I'm on giffgaff and it's awesome.. I pay £20 and get unlimited internet and texts, and a ridiculous amount of minutes.

You can also text and call giffgaff to giffgaff for free, even if you haven't topped up for 3 months :')

Obviously there are cheaper deals but i thought since you had 20GB of data before, I'd mention the 'deal' closest to your own usage.

Also, you get £5 free credit when you order a sim from this link.

Https://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/pb_1306

I really would recommend it, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I use o2 and it's may favourite from the ones I've experienced, I love o2 priority and have probably saved the equivalent of about half a years worth contract using it :colondollar:

In terms of internationally their European situation is fairly good from my perspective but I don't go abroad very often...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by somegirlcalledea
I use o2 and it's may favourite from the ones I've experienced, I love o2 priority and have probably saved the equivalent of about half a years worth contract using it :colondollar:

In terms of internationally their European situation is fairly good from my perspective but I don't go abroad very often...

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is 02 priority?

I am with 3 at the moment and I am due an upgrade next week? 3 are good but I am exploring my options.

How do you find 02. They are very expensive I must add!
Aren't GiffGaff sim only?
Reply 14
Original post by OU Student
Aren't GiffGaff sim only?

Nope
they do pay monthly phones now

thing with gift gaff is i heard 02 customers get 1st priority with the network. Not sure how true that is?
I've been with Three for about four years now. They do offer very competitive deals especially their unlimited data plans. However the trouble with Three is that you either live in an area with great connection, or an area with reception so bad you can't even dial 999.
Reply 16
I left EE for virgin - virgin are on the same network, so you get signal basically everywhere. I've not had any complaints so far.
Reply 17
Original post by Alan-K
I've been with Three for about four years now. They do offer very competitive deals especially their unlimited data plans. However the trouble with Three is that you either live in an area with great connection, or an area with reception so bad you can't even dial 999.

Three are not that cheap anymore

They have also gotten rid of unlim data. You can only get it on their £50+ price plans
Original post by xxvine
What is 02 priority?

I am with 3 at the moment and I am due an upgrade next week? 3 are good but I am exploring my options.

How do you find 02. They are very expensive I must add!

O2 priority has two parts: 1) you can get tickets to some sports/music events before main release and 2) they have partners which offer deals so things like 20% a shop, pizza lunch for £1, my favourite was a photo calendar for £1 etc

I love o2, its most reliable for me and wherever I have gone in England I always have at least some signal! I think their contact plans suit me (obviously not everyone but imo). And its fairly easy to find some better prices depending how flexible you are/ whether you are prepared to phone them :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by somegirlcalledea
O2 priority has two parts: 1) you can get tickets to some sports/music events before main release and 2) they have partners which offer deals so things like 20% a shop, pizza lunch for £1, my favourite was a photo calendar for £1 etc

I love o2, its most reliable for me and wherever I have gone in England I always have at least some signal! I think their contact plans suit me (obviously not everyone but imo). And its fairly easy to find some better prices depending how flexible you are/ whether you are prepared to phone them :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will give them a call and see what they can offer me!

Quick Reply