The Student Room Group

How do I start to differentiate this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BlueSam3
No, this is basic A-level maths, with the right further maths modules. Maybe like FP3 or something, I don't remember exactly?

This differentiation requires no more than C3 knowledge, sadly, I just thought there might be parts he isnt showing. It isnt exactly a hard question (no offense to the guy).
Original post by Brubeckian
It's like C2, it's just simple application of chain rule, I don't see what the big deal is, some of the answers of this thread have been ridiculous.

The "given further maths modules" was for the shortcut via hyperbolic tangents. I'm sure they were covered in one of the FP modules.
Original post by BlueSam3
The "given further maths modules" was for the shortcut via hyperbolic tangents. I'm sure they were covered in one of the FP modules.

Hyperbolics is in the Edexcel Fp3 module.
The OP has clearly stated they aren't doing a maths degree. A Level maths isn't a requirement for every degree you know.

There's no reason to be so mean to someone asking a genuine question. The point of this forum is you can about any maths question you are stuck on, and (hopefully) someone will be able to help.

I didn't see anyone picking on me when I forgot how to answer something that could have been done with FP1 knowledge.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by keromedic
Hyperbolics is in the Edexcel Fp3 module.

I knew it! It's somewhere in the MEI one as well.
Original post by rayquaza17
The OP has clearly stated they aren't doing a maths degree. A Level maths isn't a requirement for every degree you know.

There's no reason to be so mean to someone asking a genuine question. The point of this forum is you can about any maths question you are stuck on, and (hopefully) someone will be able to help.

I didn't see anyone picking on me when I forgot how to answer something that could have been done with FP1 knowledge.

PRSOM.
Original post by 29Bilal96
Phew i thought this was C3/C4 Maths A-level stuff and got worried for a minute :P

It is C3.
Original post by Brubeckian
It is C3.

lool oops

Quick Reply

Latest