Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone I'm not sure if there's a thread for this so I just made one.

How do you guys structure your essays? I feel like going framework by framework makes my writing really rigid. For example, I'd finish a lexis paragraph and move onto a new framework, only to realise I have another point to make about lexis.

What type of structure gives you top marks? The mark scheme says you need to be 'systematic' so is going from the top of the text to the end a good approach? e.g. for a transcript in lang acq.. what about for change?

Any help would be appreciated!
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Captivated)
Hi everyone I'm not sure if there's a thread for this so I just made one.

How do you guys structure your essays? I feel like going framework by framework makes my writing really rigid. For example, I'd finish a lexis paragraph and move onto a new framework, only to realise I have another point to make about lexis.

What type of structure gives you top marks? The mark scheme says you need to be 'systematic' so is going from the top of the text to the end a good approach? e.g. for a transcript in lang acq.. what about for change?

Any help would be appreciated!
Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Rep:
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Thank you
jjjazmine
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hi can someone help me please????? Okay so i am doing a level english language and am hoping to get into uni with grades BBC needed, im aiming to get a C in my english.... in my year 12 coursework last year I got a B overall... however i retook it this year to try get an A and i used example courseworks of an A to help me as I used a similar structure... however my mean teacher has been saying that i may have cheated and saying I could get a 0 on my coursework, however now she is saying i dont need to worry ... but now i am worrying!?!?! The work i used is not online and i made it my own, so lets say the examiner did give me a 0... would they just take my B grade in the coursework from last year as I worked hard for it and i am stressing out as i really want to get into uni and my stupid teacher may have ruined it for me!!!? please someone reply i need help ahhhh
Exceptional
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jjjazmine)
Hi can someone help me please????? Okay so i am doing a level english language and am hoping to get into uni with grades BBC needed, im aiming to get a C in my english.... in my year 12 coursework last year I got a B overall... however i retook it this year to try get an A and i used example courseworks of an A to help me as I used a similar structure... however my mean teacher has been saying that i may have cheated and saying I could get a 0 on my coursework, however now she is saying i dont need to worry ... but now i am worrying!?!?! The work i used is not online and i made it my own, so lets say the examiner did give me a 0... would they just take my B grade in the coursework from last year as I worked hard for it and i am stressing out as i really want to get into uni and my stupid teacher may have ruined it for me!!!? please someone reply i need help ahhhh
Well, ask your teacher then
Rep:
Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
kirsty11111
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Captivated)
Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also want to know a structure! something to have before the exam will be nice, i haven't done any revision for it either so i was hoping something would be on here!!
eeee4321
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone have any ideas on which two will appear: speaking, writing, reading? Also for language change question- what kind of extract will it be? I've heard there hasn't been a dictionary extract in about 6 years but they are very hard and no idea how to approach one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.46%
Okay (114)
29.16%
A bit lacking (148)
37.85%
Not good at all (92)
23.53%

Watched Threads