The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Exeter College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Hello! I hope to find other Exonians here, and aspiring Exonians. If you have questions about Exeter, these links are great:

www.exeter.ox.ac.uk
http://jcr.exeter.ox.ac.uk/
www.exetermcr.com

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hiya, what subject do you do southessex? im a fresher biochemist.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
i have a law offer, as long as i dont f*** up my exams.
Reply 3
hi all - i'm another exonian - 2nd year e&mist. :smile:
Reply 4
Heya. Should have mentioned. i am postgraduate reading the MPhil in European Archaeology. 1st year.

Neo, you've come this far, I am sure your exams will be just fine :smile:
Reply 5
wow - we're rubbish...
Reply 6
Go Exeter. I'll be there next year hopefully, doing Mathematics.
Reply 7
FYI:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7647667&postcount=1

(NB. Some of the cast/crew are from Exeter, so come along and support them!)
does any one here do ( or know anyone that does) history at Exeter?
Reply 9
i know a few people but not overly well, i have a friend at st johns doing history...
Reply 10
Exeter historian here - what can I do for you?
Reply 11
What's up Exeter?

I was just wondering what the self-catering facilities there are like. I was told there was a kitchen available to use, but is it any good? And how many people actually use it?

Thanks =)
Reply 12
well there is one kitchen which is ok, its relatively newly done at the back of the JCR. You have to get the key from the porter which protects it from getting trashed. Would recommend u bring your own equipment, there is some but id feel better using my own! Also if u cook regularly it would work btr if u have a fridge in ur room for stuff, there is one in the kitchen that u can use but again id prefer to keep my food not in a public place...

Umm, its used quite frequently, its never that busy but then few people use it v regularly as hall food is cheap (and not that bad!)
pinkpiggie, where you given a test at your history interview? i mean did they give you a source or something and get you to talk about it? oh.. and what are the tutors like?
Reply 14
I didn't have to read and discuss anything at my interview, but bear in mind that one of the tutors at the college have changed since then, so the process may now be different.

There are two tutors, Dr Dabhoiwala, and Dr de Bellaigue; they have quite different teaching styles, and Dabs can at first seem a bit intimidating, but I've really enjoyed my tutes with them. Of course, they will get annoyed if you miss deadlines, or don't put in enough effort - no chance to really doss around - but I feel I'm well prepared for prelims, and they've both been really helpful.
thanks
Reply 16
For people who do go to Exeter: what A-level grades were you predicted and what did you get, and what extra curricular activities did you do?
Reply 17
Does any basketball (preferably very amateur level) go on at Exeter?
Alive
Does any basketball (preferably very amateur level) go on at Exeter?

I hope so, in fact if any sport whatsoever (which it must do) gets played at Exeter then would anybody mind replying? My fav sport is badminton so anybody playing the greatest game on earth at Oxford let me know!!:biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 19
yay badminton! ur in luck we've just set up an exeter badders club this year which should be in full flow next year with practices, cuppers and other matches. and of course free to join, its not the highest standard but we've some decent players and technically got to the semis of the womens cuppers this year. (although there were some byes:redface: )

re: other sports, theres plently going on, sure ur get into rowing most exeter freshers row at least once as there are a lot of boats compared to students, decent footy side and cricket well its ok. rugby is quite good. most sports are played really, though TBH im not sure about basketball, there is an american footie side started up i think....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending