GoingForward
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi Mark,
I am starting on a BSc Honours Nursing program in September. The fees and bursary are paid by NHS but I am also applying for the reduced student loan.

I have a previous BA (not honours) from many years ago and a post-grad diploma which i completed part time over 3 years and self funded.
I am currently in the process of applying for the reduced maintenance loan but am now very worried as I need to know if I will be eligible as I have the prior post-grad diploma. Does having this diploma or the BA prevent me from getting the maintenance loan for NHS students?

Thanks,
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there.

NHS funded courses are exempt from previous study rules due to the fact they attract reduced loans only so you can still get this despite your prior qualifications.

Thanks.
GoingForward
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you for your reply and help, it is such a relief! Everything seems to be going so well with the finance and bursary already came through.
SK8bo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

I'm also going to be starting a nursing programme this year, will applying for a reduced maintenance loan through student direct affect my eligibility for an NHS bursary?

Thanks,
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, SK8bo.

There's no reason applying for funding from us should affect the NHS bursary as you are entitled to both. It'd be best to speak to eh NHS or the course provider for clarification of how the bursary is actually assessed though.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
68.25%
No I haven't decided yet (24)
19.05%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise