The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Geography A - Unit 1: Skills and Challenges - 19th May 2015

Who's sitting this on Tuesday? It's possibly a bit early but the early bird catches the worm!

Predictions for the 9 marker at the end of challenges? How are you feeling?

My teacher predicts that something about rainforest sustainability will be the big 9 marker at the end.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by abbeyjayne
Who's sitting this on Tuesday? It's possibly a bit early but the early bird catches the worm!

My teacher predicts that something about rainforest sustainability will be the big 9 marker at the end.

Yh, it's most likely to be on rainforests in ecuador because last year they did the park and ride schemes for the 9 marker.
I'm doing igcse so idk if you study similar topics, could you help me with this question please??

"Describe how you would collect data in the field to investigate the quality of river water" its 6 marks
URGENT HELP
how do you revise for Geography ?????
Reply 4
Original post by Pink_bubblegum
URGENT HELP
how do you revise for Geography ?????

SAMLearning, revision guide and re-reading notes!
Reply 5

Hey!

I'm doing this exam tomorrow. I totally agree that the 9 marker could be based around Tropical Rainforest. My teacher told us that he predicts that it would be based around 'Effects of resource extraction on Tropical Rainforests'.

All of my friends at school are worried about the exam but I don't seem to be, I think I have revised a sufficient amount. I don't know if I should be feeling like this though :/
Reply 6
Original post by im_mo
Hey!

I'm doing this exam tomorrow. I totally agree that the 9 marker could be based around Tropical Rainforest. My teacher told us that he predicts that it would be based around 'Effects of resource extraction on Tropical Rainforests'.

All of my friends at school are worried about the exam but I don't seem to be, I think I have revised a sufficient amount. I don't know if I should be feeling like this though :/

My advice to you, that comes straight from my mum, is don't get complacent. I understand how it feels to be confident, but you can never be over-confident because I was feeling super-confident about my Spanish exams which turned out in the end to be crazy hard. You know?

I agree that it's going to be on rainforest sustainability then. I'm actually revising the challenges stuff right now and I came on to find some resources actually :smile: I haven't looked at the rainforest stuff yet though so that's my next port of call, really.
Reply 7
My advice to you, that comes straight from my mum, is don't get complacent. I understand how it feels to be confident, but you can never be over-confident because I was feeling super-confident about my Spanish exams which turned out in the end to be crazy hard. You know?

I agree that it's going to be on rainforest sustainability then. I'm actually revising the challenges stuff right now and I came on to find some resources actually :smile: I haven't looked at the rainforest stuff yet though so that's my next port of call, really.

Omg, I thought I was the only one who thought that Spanish flipped me over - Well, that makes two of us!
Reply 8
Original post by BekahTalc
Omg, I thought I was the only one who thought that Spanish flipped me over - Well, that makes two of us!

Haha nope, there's way more! If you go to my thread about Edexcel GCSE Spanish, you can see that LOADS (and I mean loads) have complained about it.
Reply 9
Can i just check that this is a 1.30 start?
Original post by 10johng1
Can i just check that this is a 1.30 start?

I got 1.15, but yeah I think you're good on times.
Original post by BekahTalc
I got 1.15, but yeah I think you're good on times.

Thanks!
Original post by 10johng1
Thanks!

No problemo, hope you do well tomorrow!
Reply 13

I know what you mean. I'm just going over all the case studies and topics that have shown up for a while. OMG! That Spanish exam was unusually hard (Edexcel right??). I hope there isn't a pattern with Edexcel!

Hope it all goes well tomorrow for us!

P.S. Is it true that Unit 1 grade boundaries tend to be low??
wait what 9 marker, i thought there's always only a 6 marker

If it's a 9 marker, then would that be 4 points with explanation ?
are there 8 mark questions in Unit 1?
I just looked at sample materials from the Edexcel website for our course (Geography Gcse B) and the 9 markers seem to be 6 mark questions and 3 marks for SPaG meaning they would be no harder or detailed but would just require you to double check to get the SPaG marks, does anyone know for sure and can anyone tell me will there be 8 mark questions because I dont see any of them in the sample
Original post by DinosaursInHats
I just looked at sample materials from the Edexcel website for our course (Geography Gcse B) and the 9 markers seem to be 6 mark questions and 3 marks for SPaG meaning they would be no harder or detailed but would just require you to double check to get the SPaG marks, does anyone know for sure and can anyone tell me will there be 8 mark questions because I dont see any of them in the sample

Yes there will be 8 markers.

We had them in last years mock and teacher said expect them tommorow.

So just 4 points, 4 explainations.
Reply 19
Do I need to go over GIS and internet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending