The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Lincoln College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Hey everyone

Here's a list of the the current Lincolnites on TSR (there are more, but not all of them use the forum regualrly!):

Hoofbeat (Chloé!)
oxymoron
dancingqueen
dizzikikki
thomasjtl
hash

Here are a few useful links:
www.lincoln.ox.ac.uk
www.lincolnjcr.com

I'll try and add some more information once I'm back at Oxford and am not revising for silly collections!

Feel free to post here if you are currently holding an offer from Lincoln, or if you have any questions related to the college etc. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, I have a lincoln themed question - how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
hey, i'm at lincoln - i dont post very much anymore but i do lurk!
Reply 3
KuinKra
Yes, I have a lincoln themed question - how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Phil, go and spam your own college thread :p:

(PS. You still owe me a game of Risk that you promised me in my 1st year! I still have yet learnt how to play!)
Reply 4
our own thread, how very exciting. I wonder if it'll be as dead as the one in OxGoss
Reply 5
thomasjtl
our own thread, how very exciting. I wonder if it'll be as dead as the one in OxGoss

I'll have you know that Lincoln use to be the leader in the OxGoss College's forums!!!! Then Ian and the other lawyers left and now your year and the year above are crap and don't gossip!
Reply 6
The shame! I'm also at Lincoln, and do enjoy a good lurk....
Reply 7
Prometheus
The shame! I'm also at Lincoln, and do enjoy a good lurk....

I still have yet to find out who you are at Lincoln! I met Peter & Jonathan at the first bop (and terrified both of them I think), but still not met you!
Reply 8
We weren't scared as much as you appeared to be- you had to send simon over to talk to us, rather than approaching yourself. Mind you, i'm more scared of pete now than when i met him. (Speaking of him- could you put him on the list of students- it would annoy him so.)
Reply 9
Hoofbeat
I still have yet to find out who you are at Lincoln! I met Peter & Jonathan at the first bop (and terrified both of them I think), but still not met you!

I pointed him out to you also at that bop! he was standing on those stairs when we were talking to Jonahtan (and was dressed as a girl if I remember correctly!) ...
Reply 10
thomasjtl
We weren't scared as much as you appeared to be- you had to send simon over to talk to us, rather than approaching yourself. Mind you, i'm more scared of pete now than when i met him. (Speaking of him- could you put him on the list of students- it would annoy him so.)

Yeah, I was a bit scared, but I also seem to remember being quite drunk!

Is pete scary? I only met him that once and never spoken to him since (not sure if he really knows who I am?). I'm not sure I want to annoy him if you say he's scary!

oxymoron
I pointed him out to you also at that bop! he was standing on those stairs when we were talking to Jonahtan (and was dressed as a girl if I remember correctly!) ...

Okies...I have *vague* memories of someone being pointed out to me, but other than that....nope can't remember him!
Reply 11
Hoofbeat

Is pete scary?

Boo.

(NB: I tend to forget what happens at bops.)
Reply 12
hey evry1, got an offer from lincoln for 2008, so just i'd let my presence be known on this thread...
Reply 13
Hello wr3012! What subject is your offer for!

Btw, I met Prometheus on Friday night (whilst I was drunk again, but this time I remember him :smile:)
Reply 14
yes- introduce yourself properly!
Reply 15
ok, well, I have an offer for engineering science. At school in Canterbury atm, but then i'm doing a gap year to do a year in industry, and then hopefully i'll be @ lincoln frm 2008. oh yeh, and my name's Will btw
Reply 16
wr3012
ok, well, I have an offer for engineering science. At school in Canterbury atm, but then i'm doing a gap year to do a year in industry, and then hopefully i'll be @ lincoln frm 2008. oh yeh, and my name's Will btw

Hi Will, nice to meet you. I'm Chloé, a 3rd year physicist here. Sadly though, I shall probably never get to meet you as I graduate in 2008! Anyways, well done for getting an offer from Lincoln! :smile:
Reply 17
Chloe we never see you- i think we've only spoken all of two times. I guess that comes from living up at mus, with your own kitchen etc. So i doubt you'd have seen much of him anyway.

Nice to meet you will. You'll probably see as much of me as i do of chloe, but never mind. Glad to have you with us, anyway. I'm sure we'll meet at least some time!
Reply 18
thomasjtl
I'm sure we'll meet at least some time!

I'll look forward to it!

could someone just clear something up for me- on the college website it says that accomodation is £104 a week (for 1st yrs), is that including meal charges or excluding?? seems to say that 6 dinners/week are paid for in advance, but not sure if theyre included in the 104
just something that the 'rents wanted to know...
Reply 19
Confusing, isn't it.
You pay £104/wk rent, £45/term utilities and £3.95 a dinner for 6 dinners a week for the term ahead.

Dinners are all three courses, and generally pretty decent. You get refunded for up to 24 dinners a term if you miss some- no one has all of them. Breakfast and lunch you use a card, and then pay for it at the start of the next term- lunch is about £1.50-2.50 depending on what you have and is generally pretty good. Breakfast costs about the same, and is a bit rubbish- buy a box of cereal and eat it in your room instead. You can also buy baguettes and burgers and stuff from the bar for cash on a lunchtime, at pretty reasonable prices (£1.80ish for a baguette).

Quick Reply

Latest