The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No idea how long the bus would take as I've taken 1 bus since I got to Reading :P

Your best bet is to take a cab, in which case about ten minutes and should cost you only £5. (If theres 3 of you going you're already making a cheaper and quicker journey than by bus).

Here's the minicab number if you choose to call one... 01189676767

Alternatively, it's about a 30 min walk if you know where you're going (it's fairly pleasant though so thats another option...)
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
When is the next open day?
Reply 3
actually this is a UCAS day and interview.
24/1, 14/2 or 3/3
i have my exam on 24/1 .. so..i am thinking if I should 'rushing' to there after I finish my exam in London..... >.<
or I have to wait until 3/3...

How is life in reading?
Reply 4
staman
actually this is a UCAS day and interview.
24/1, 14/2 or 3/3
i have my exam on 24/1 .. so..i am thinking if I should 'rushing' to there after I finish my exam in London..... >.<
or I have to wait until 3/3...

How is life in reading?

I went in March... for all it's worth, it'll look nicer when the ****ty winter weather is gone.

Life in Reading is amazing. I came from London so I thought I'd get bored in a smaller city... but at the moment it's vice versa. I'm back till the 15th for my Christmas break (only because I can't move back in till then, stupid halls.) but its so god damn boring here. I'm so used to just walking up or down the corridor now when I'm bored, lying on a mates bed, playing football in the corridor or fields, waking up just before 12 to eat... heh. You'll love it wherever you end up :biggrin:

Shopping's pretty good too. The oracle is massive. Not sure what else you wanna know really.
Reply 5
I have seen some photos in the campus. the campus is nice!
Do you have internet access in halls?
How about the people in the uni? and the atmosphere over there?
Reply 6
All halls have internet. Dunno about others but I get stupidly good speeds. Off newsgroups I can download at about 20mbit/s which is 10x faster than my home connection.

People in the uni? Well, theres a few pricks in my hall but otherwise I like pretty much everyone. Wherver you go you'll get along with most people - try to get to know your floormates as soon as and that will guarantee you a good time for your stay in Reading, I think. :biggrin:
Reply 7
staman
hi,

I am going to reading for an open day.
Could you tell me how long will it takes from the train station to the University? (Whiteknights Campus)

THank you~

Go out the main entrance of the train station, and go right. Here get either a 9, 12 or 20. All of these go past the main entrance of the university. It should take no more than 15 minutes. It will cost you £1.50 single, or £2.50 return (I think!). You need the correct money for the bus, as they don't give change! Alternatively, the taxi rank is also located here with the busses.

Good luck with the exam!
:smile:
You can get a bus from the train station to the Whiteknights campus. I think it's a green bus (which helps, lol). I would think it would probably take about 10/15 minutes,

Also, if you get a cab from the station, it would probably cost something around £7, but try not to get into a black cab, as mini cab companies set their own price, whereas the black cab drivers charge more as they have a meter.
Reply 9
would you recommend me to go to the interview earlier so I am more likely to get an offer from them?
I afraid if I leave it till too March, It would be too late and the chance to get offers from them is less.
Reply 10
I'd go early just so I kno whether I'm in or not, to be honest. And to decide whether I like the look of the place. I know I said earlier it'll look better after the winter weather goes, but still... imagine it a bit greener and less wet :biggrin:
Reply 11
How frequent is the bus services?
staman
How frequent is the bus services?

The best thing for you to do is to type in "Reading bus timetables" and it should come up with a timetable for the station buses.
Reply 13
Check out the 9, 12 and 20 on here:
http://www.reading-buses.co.uk/rdg.htm

You shouldn't have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus, and in most cases will probably find one waiting when you come out the station.

:smile:
Reply 14
Thank you all of you very mucH!!
Reply 15
Pandy, what floor are you on in Windsor? I know people on 5th floor.
Reply 16
louieb
Pandy, what floor are you on in Windsor? I know people on 5th floor.

4th floor. I know about 3 people from the 5th floor... but go on, might know 'em :tongue:
How far from the Train Station to the university?
Reply 18
To walk your looking at up to 40/45 minutes, but the bus should take no more than 10, maybe 15 minutes.
Reply 19
dasnowball
To walk your looking at up to 40/45 minutes, but the bus should take no more than 10, maybe 15 minutes.

If you know where you're going it's a 20 min walk to the Oracle....

Latest

Trending

Trending