so did I! how's revision going?
kikess_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by deeferdog)
so did I! how's revision going?
urm not to bad, I have made a really long timeline, completed some past paper questions. Im trying to focus on like land/economic/agriculture themes atm wbu?. really hope we get good questions this year lol like constitutional /revolutionary nationalism/ urm turning points.
deeferdog
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by kikess_)
urm not to bad, I have made a really long timeline, completed some past paper questions. Im trying to focus on like land/economic/agriculture themes atm wbu?. really hope we get good questions this year lol like constitutional /revolutionary nationalism/ urm turning points.
same i'm hoping nationalism comes up or turning points but nothing on the church like last year, or the economy because I'm not confident on that!
kikess_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
same i'm hoping nationalism comes up or turning points but nothing on the church like last year, or the economy because I'm not confident on that!
yeah nationalism question would be absolute bliss! Yeah I am focusing alot of my revision on the economy atm. what you hoping to get in the exam?
deeferdog
Rep:
?
yeah nationalism question would be absolute bliss! Yeah I am focusing alot of my revision on the economy atm. what you hoping to get in the exam?
hoping for an A, you?
kikess_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hoping for an A, you?
same!
deeferdog
Rep:
?
same!
good luck! hope it goes well for you!
kikess_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
good luck! hope it goes well for you!
you too! have you been doing past questions?
deeferdog
Rep:
?
you too! have you been doing past questions?
yeah but only in class so far. I want to do more because my teacher always gives us huge hints and tells us exactly what to revise and I don't think that helps because even thought I'll get high marks it'll be because I know what it's on if that makes sense? you?
kikess_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yeah but only in class so far. I want to do more because my teacher always gives us huge hints and tells us exactly what to revise and I don't think that helps because even thought I'll get high marks it'll be because I know what it's on if that makes sense? you?
Oh yeah i definitely understand what you mean. I mean its not too late too do some past paper questions..previously there has been really weird worded questions so its good to have an insight
kikess_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How far was the issue of Home Rule in 1886 the main turning point in British attitudes to the Union with Ireland in the period from 1800 to 1921? How would you answer this question please
Dalam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How far was the issue of Home Rule in 1886 the main turning point in British attitudes to the Union with Ireland in the period from 1800 to 1921?

After an introduction which talks about the themes and sets out the essay I would:

As it specifically mentions 'British attitudes towards the Union' I would be tempted to split it into Whig/Liberal governments and Tory/Conservative ones and explain how the Home Rule movement changed their respective policies before comparing it to other movements that changed their policy e.g. Gladstone with Fenian uprising of 1867, the Famine and Peel's response, the Easter Rising and the Anglo-Irish War and so on, trying to compare each event to the HR Bill of 1886.

Then make a judgment at the end saying that even things like Catholic Emancipation, and the Fenian uprising shaped Government attitudes to the Union immensely, HR in 1886 was the most significant as it divided the Liberal Party like never before and shaped Conservative and Liberal policy towards Ireland for the next 30 years, with Conservative passing policies to 'Kill Home Rule with Kindness' and the Liberals consistently trying to pass Home Rule.
kikess_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dalam)
How far was the issue of Home Rule in 1886 the main turning point in British attitudes to the Union with Ireland in the period from 1800 to 1921?

After an introduction which talks about the themes and sets out the essay I would:

As it specifically mentions 'British attitudes towards the Union' I would be tempted to split it into Whig/Liberal governments and Tory/Conservative ones and explain how the Home Rule movement changed their respective policies before comparing it to other movements that changed their policy e.g. Gladstone with Fenian uprising of 1867, the Famine and Peel's response, the Easter Rising and the Anglo-Irish War and so on, trying to compare each event to the HR Bill of 1886.

Then make a judgment at the end saying that even things like Catholic Emancipation, and the Fenian uprising shaped Government attitudes to the Union immensely, HR in 1886 was the most significant as it divided the Liberal Party like never before and shaped Conservative and Liberal policy towards Ireland for the next 30 years, with Conservative passing policies to 'Kill Home Rule with Kindness' and the Liberals consistently trying to pass Home Rule.
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i have another question im stuck do you mind helping? you are a star
Dalam
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i have another question im stuck do you mind helping? you are a star
Yeah its fine haha, it's quite helpful for me as well to plan essays
kikess_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dalam)
Yeah its fine haha, it's quite helpful for me as well to plan essays
Thank you so much. Are you doing the exam as well? How do you feel about it
Dalam
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, not too sure I'm just trying to learn all the facts in the next few days
kikess_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dalam)
Yeah, not too sure I'm just trying to learn all the facts in the next few days
This time next weeks we will be in the exam omg 🙈🙈🙈. How are you on the land /economy part of the course
Dalam
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This time next weeks we will be in the exam omg 🙈🙈🙈. How are you on the land /economy part of the course
Okay ish, although I want to go over it properly soon, I'm more worried about support for the union like the Protestant ascendancy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
13.89%
I need help researching courses (5)
6.94%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (30)
41.67%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.78%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.17%

Watched Threads